Speed Demon

Default volvo laser alert!!!!

i was pulling up to the toll bridge the other day (there would be no speed checks here as traffic crawls here) a volvo 05 (not sure what model, but it looked sporty enough) pulled in front of me both my rx65 & my LRC100 went off for a second or 2. anyone know the reason is there something in the car that causes this

also 05 nissan primeras are forever setting off my LRC100 but NOT the rx65

Advanced Member

Folks believe it has something to do with reading the EZ Pass

Default proximity detection

It's called proximity detection. Sort of like the neberkenezer...spell check Neo....

It is so you can backup without actually turning your head and be the laziest bastard you can possible be.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: proximity detection

Quote Originally Posted by mrmichael112002
    It's called proximity detection. Sort of like the neberkenezer...spell check Neo....

It is so you can backup without actually turning your head and be the laziest bastard you can possible be.
    Except that every Volvo with proximity detection that I have seen uses little radar sensors, not laser. They set up an array of them across the rear bumper.

I'm willing to bet it had something to do with the toll booth and not the car.

Field trip!!! hahahahaha.....

Let's find the volvo....drive over the bridge!!!

I think sometime we drift away fromt he fact that these things are measuring signals. the Intelligent traffic systems get speed measurements also....not sure what they use for that I/R, K, Ka, X......

by the way, a few K band saves again yesterday, secondary state highway, local LEO.