I've spend the last few days looking through Redline comparison videos to see its performance in comparison to the other units. In most cases, it seems to be close to the installed units and slightly ahead of the V1 in some. I'm planning a 4,000 mi drive for the summer, and you guessed it, I'm looking for a new RD to join me. I was originally looking for a STi-R plus, but I'd rather get by with something that's a third the price and not installed. I came up with a few questions for the Redline owners.
Please answer whichever ones you want:
1. Reliability: Has yours broken?
2. Enjoyable: Do you like it? Are you happy with your purchase?
3. False alerts: I hate false alerts; are there effective city modes?
4. I already have a V1; does it beat the V1 regularly for range and off axis?
5. Do you regret buying it? Do you still want another unit like the STi-R plus?
6. Is a replacement for the Redline coming out soon?
Questions for multiple RD owners:
1. Has it saved you when another detector hasn't alerted? If so, which one?
2. How does it compare with your other units? Do you like it better or worse?
3. Is there much difference between the RL and installed units on a regular basis?
Thanks for reading!