Old Timer

Default Help me conceal my X50!

Hey everyone, I need some ideas about concealing my x50 from site. I love where my V1 is located, a cop can not see it if I ever get pulled over.

I originally had the x50 in the bottom left of my windshield, (cant see from officers standpoint) The only way a cop could see it is if he leans over and looks through my windshield, then its in plain sight. I can not mount the x50 high because it is to damn long! Any ideas?

Advanced Member

I personally think mount it opposite the V1 but you plan to run both at the same time?

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Old Timer

No, I plan on having a killswitch for each and using the V1 on the highway and x50 in the city.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Help me conceal my X50!

Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    Hey everyone, I need some ideas about concealing my x50 from site. I love where my V1 is located, a cop can not see it if I ever get pulled over.

I originally had the x50 in the bottom left of my windshield, (cant see from officers standpoint) The only way a cop could see it is if he leans over and looks through my windshield, then its in plain sight. I can not mount the x50 high because it is to d*** long! Any ideas?
    If its cops you are worried about, keep in mind that most cops approach cars from behind the driver's left shoulder now. They tend to stand there right in your blind spot, rather than coming directly parallel to your car, so their angle to your dash is fairly close to yours.

Old Timer

well I am talking more of in the event that I get pulled over

Newcomer

That's what lordhamster was talking about, too. When I got pulled over a few weeks ago, the cop never actually stood beside me. He stood slightly behind, in the blind spot region, and just kind of leaned down a little bit to look in the car. I can see the reason for this. If I had a gun or other weapon, it would be a lot more difficult to use it to attack him than if he was standing right there by my window.

Old Timer

Well then concealing it to the bottom left of my windshield sure wouldnt work

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    Well then concealing it to the bottom left of my windshield sure wouldnt work
    Yeah, thats what I meant. Amost all cops I see at traffic stops stand behind the driver for safety purposes... but unfortunately that makes it almost impossible to conceal an RD... unless you get some professional hidden display installed. Unfortunately, the hidden display on the ol' x50 is not very informative and the hidden display on the V1 is not to easily hidden.

I've seen some people do some incredible things with hidden v1 displays in bmws though. Everything from feeding the display output right into the onboard computer to hiding the display inside the rear view mirror.

Old Timer

Well the v1 is not easily seen from my car from any point of my car unless you actually look for it from the rear of my car.