Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 36 of 36
  1. #31
    Manufacturer
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    3,283

    Default Re: BREAKING: Early testing suggests the new Cis are most impressive

    I haven't communicated with him in sometime (nor anybody else for that matter from any testing groups).

    As you know a number of outspoken individuals online even some of those that I thought were long-time friends have posted very mean public (and even slanderous) commentary from people who believe they know history accurately--which couldn't be further from the actual truth. They've insisted on attempting to insert themselves in matters that are none of their business, have acted in their own self-interest, and publicly "judged" and so I have simply disassociated myself with most of them. That other forum doesn't even follow their own rules for online behavior. It's despicable.

    Given the general reprehensible mean-spirited nature of social media (just think of the shootings yesterday, fomented by online knuckleheads who don't have a life) and the hatred that is so prevalent online I think it's best to not engage. I believe in divine justice and what goes around comes around and candidly I have more important things to focus on. However, I have always found QuiGon to be a very decent guy, but I think it's best to not engage especially in person. But I do trust in his testing and so whatever they found, will be reported accurately and I would think someone with the unit would show up if and when they hold another test.

    But, getting back to ER, I'm still waiting for the unit from them, I believe they are still on very limited allocation. I think my vehicle will be scheduled to go in for repair. One of the older M3 remotes has been displaying receiver error, so I may only have two to do back-to-back comparisons.

    If you have noticed, ER has been having series issues with their delivery on existing units and future models. I don't know specifically what is going on over there, but I don't think it's good. So many people have been RIF'd, it's not funny. When you lose lots of talent and experience, novices who don't understand the industry may not make the most informed decisions.

    I hear mid-July is when anticipated product should become available.

    We've seen the pace of development of firmware/application software. I hope it doesn't take long. But in any event, I have been assured that the platform can deal with these updated laser firmware but time will tell for sure...
    Last edited by Veil Guy; 06-15-2017 at 08:00 AM.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

    Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

    Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

    Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

  2. #32
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Amerika
    Posts
    684

    Default Re: BREAKING: Early testing suggests the new Cis are most impressive

    Quote Originally Posted by Veil Guy View Post
    I haven't communicated with him in sometime (nor anybody else for that matter from any testing groups).

    As you know a number of outspoken individuals online even some of those that I thought were long-time friends have posted very mean public (and even slanderous) commentary from people who believe they know history accurately--which couldn't be further from the actual truth. They've insisted on attempting to insert themselves in matters that are none of their business, have acted in their own self-interest, and publicly "judged" and so I have simply disassociated myself with most of them. That other forum doesn't even follow their own rules for online behavior. It's despicable.

    Given the general reprehensible mean-spirited nature of social media (just think of the shootings yesterday, fomented by online knuckleheads who don't have a life) and the hatred that is so prevalent online I think it's best to not engage. I believe in divine justice and what goes around comes around and candidly I have more important things to focus on. However, I have always found QuiGon to be a very decent guy, but I think it's best to not engage especially in person. But I do trust in his testing and so whatever they found, will be reported accurately and I would think someone with the unit would show up if and when they hold another test.

    But, getting back to ER, I'm still waiting for the unit from them, I believe they are still on very limited allocation. I think my vehicle will be scheduled to go in for repair. One of the older M3 remotes has been displaying receiver error, so I may only have two to do back-to-back comparisons.

    If you have noticed, ER has been having series issues with their delivery on existing units and future models. I don't know specifically what is going on over there, but I don't think it's good. So many people have been RIF'd, it's not funny. When you lose lots of talent and experience, novices who don't understand the industry may not make the most informed decisions.

    I hear mid-July is when anticipated product should become available.

    We've seen the pace of development of firmware/application software. I hope it doesn't take long. But in any event, I have been assured that the platform can deal with these updated laser firmware but time will tell for sure...
    Until they can effectively resolve their inability to even "detect" whatever versions (past and/or present) of DragonEye Lidars are currently in use by LE, it would avoid further embarrassment of their new product by stopping/shipping units for now. Perhaps that is why you haven't received your unit.
    As far as the "series issues deliveries of existing & future models" you mention, that's likely due to their closing of the production factory recently in Ontario & transferring operation to another factory overseas. The transition has probably encountered the usual snafus & hasn't gone smoothly I suspect.

    I'm willing to re-Test the 1 ER customer again near me w/ a Max360ci, but only if the shortcomings are fixed that it failed w/ before.

  3. #33
    Manufacturer
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    3,283

    Default Re: BREAKING: Early testing suggests the new Cis are most impressive

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Veil Guy View Post
    I haven't communicated with him in sometime (nor anybody else for that matter from any testing groups).

    As you know a number of outspoken individuals online even some of those that I thought were long-time friends have posted very mean public (and even slanderous) commentary from people who believe they know history accurately--which couldn't be further from the actual truth. They've insisted on attempting to insert themselves in matters that are none of their business, have acted in their own self-interest, and publicly "judged" and so I have simply disassociated myself with most of them. That other forum doesn't even follow their own rules for online behavior. It's despicable.

    Given the general reprehensible mean-spirited nature of social media (just think of the shootings yesterday, fomented by online knuckleheads who don't have a life) and the hatred that is so prevalent online I think it's best to not engage. I believe in divine justice and what goes around comes around and candidly I have more important things to focus on. However, I have always found QuiGon to be a very decent guy, but I think it's best to not engage especially in person. But I do trust in his testing and so whatever they found, will be reported accurately and I would think someone with the unit would show up if and when they hold another test.

    But, getting back to ER, I'm still waiting for the unit from them, I believe they are still on very limited allocation. I think my vehicle will be scheduled to go in for repair. One of the older M3 remotes has been displaying receiver error, so I may only have two to do back-to-back comparisons.

    If you have noticed, ER has been having series issues with their delivery on existing units and future models. I don't know specifically what is going on over there, but I don't think it's good. So many people have been RIF'd, it's not funny. When you lose lots of talent and experience, novices who don't understand the industry may not make the most informed decisions.

    I hear mid-July is when anticipated product should become available.

    We've seen the pace of development of firmware/application software. I hope it doesn't take long. But in any event, I have been assured that the platform can deal with these updated laser firmware but time will tell for sure...
    Until they can effectively resolve their inability to even "detect" whatever versions (past and/or present) of DragonEye Lidars are currently in use by LE, it would avoid further embarrassment of their new product by stopping/shipping units for now. Perhaps that is why you haven't received your unit.
    As far as the "series issues deliveries of existing & future models" you mention, that's likely due to their closing of the production factory recently in Ontario & transferring operation to another factory overseas. The transition has probably encountered the usual snafus & hasn't gone smoothly I suspect.

    I'm willing to re-Test the 1 ER customer again near me w/ a Max360ci, but only if the shortcomings are fixed that it failed w/ before.
    You may be right there, RR.

    I suspected that the move to the Philippines was a cost cutting measure. I was told the quality of manufacturing was better, although I have also been told that the production quality in Canada was just fine, leading me to believe it was a cost cutting measure. The geopolitics over there have been dicey of late.

    Spoke to Trump about this situation and he told me he is considering putting a 35% tariff on the imports. So much for the cost savings!
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

    Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

    Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

    Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

  4. #34

    Default Re: BREAKING: Early testing suggests the new Cis are most impressive

    Regarding product availability issues with Escort, the Max 360s are no longer available from them and are on backorder. We just acquired the last ones but we have very limited stock.
    RadarBusters.com
    PowerSports-US

    Drive safe, drive smart, but most importantly drive protected!

  5. #35

    Default Re: BREAKING: Early testing suggests the new Cis are most impressive

    Quote Originally Posted by Veil Guy View Post

    I hear mid-July is when anticipated product should become available.

    .
    Mid-July is here next week and still no response officially from ER about the update to the lidar capabilities of the Max 360 ci. Several units have been installed for over 6 weeks now, so why don't you have one yet in the E39??? Not only were there lidar issues, BUT also one with testing on a Tesla where the M7 was constantly falsing to the front transceiver on the Tesla. I guess Rome was NOT built in a day huh??

  6. #36

    Default Re: BREAKING: Early testing suggests the new Cis are most impressive

    Quote Originally Posted by RadarBusters View Post
    Regarding product availability issues with Escort, the Max 360s are no longer available from them and are on backorder. We just acquired the last ones but we have very limited stock.
    Max 360 or the new Max 360 ci???

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-29-2010, 09:01 AM
  2. Court suggests use of tax rebate to pay 12 year old fines
    By StlouisX50 in forum News Stories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-20-2008, 09:05 PM
  3. STi breaking?
    By BRDHNTR in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-16-2008, 12:16 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2007, 07:52 PM
  5. Bought a Early Warning rd for testing purposes
    By proudNMAmember in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-19-2007, 08:33 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •