Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional

Default is the X50 really that bad on laser? i dont think so!

My friend nvr2fast driving a black evo9 recently veiled his car. He has an X50 mounted low. WE wanted to go test to see the effectivesness of veil. However we have had several encounters against a LTI ultralite at approx 300-500 feet and yet he did not get any alert on his X50, but i was following behind him and my V1 mounted high actually alerted.

I am wondering if his X50 is defective? When i had my X50 before, it never missed a laser hit even at close range.

how is it possible that already 4 times his X50 did not alert to laser and it is mounted low, and its so spectacular that i'm following right behind him and my v1 would warn.

Radar Fanatic

yes its that bad IMO, and my opinion was formed from many videos on this site. i love evo's though, thumbs up to him :!: :wink:

Lead Foot

Out of curiosity, how do you know the LEO was targeting your friend?

Advanced Member

For some reason, most of the detectors seem to especially have trouble with the Ultralyte...

Professional

There were no other cars around, so i'm 100% sure he was targeting him. He coudl't have targeted me coz i was just 2 car lengths behind my friend.

Jim.....
    i know LTI's are difficult to detect, but why when i used to have an X50, i managed to get a reading every single time? do u think the signals used to reflect off my yellow hood and bounce onto my detector? but he has a black hood so it doesn't?

or coudl it just be purely the different circumstances? or his X50 laser is not working?

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Dilip
    There were no other cars around, so i'm 100% sure he was targeting him. He coudl't have targeted me coz i was just 2 car lengths behind my friend.

Jim.....
    i know LTI's are difficult to detect, but why when i used to have an X50, i managed to get a reading every single time? do u think the signals used to reflect off my yellow hood and bounce onto my detector? but he has a black hood so it doesn't?

or coudl it just be purely the different circumstances? or his X50 laser is not working?
    When I had my metallic silver honda s2000, I also got X50 laser warnings using the SAME X50...

What I think has happened, is that with the black Evo, I'm not getting any reflections off the hood. Also, note that the S2000 is VERY low to the ground, almost like a go-cart, and the Evo is at least twice as tall as it is. So the height difference between the license plate to the laser detector is quite a bit bigger.

And to everyone else, my car is SURELY the one being targetted. We rigged these tests to puposely have the cop shoot me. Dilip was following one time so close that the ONLY way they would have even SEEN him would be to look THROUGH my plates. And I really doubt the cops would be purposely trying to shoot THROUGH my windshields to shoot him behind me.

All I can say is taht the V1's laser sensitivity is completely unrivalled. It is UNBEATABLE. Nothing else comes close.

Radar Fanatic

everytime i was hit with laser my X50 alerted

v1 is far superior in laser

i just got a pre warning on laser yesterday

Professional

Yea even when i had my x50 i got an alert everysingle time i was hit. I don't understand why his is not alerting? maybe something is wrong with his laser detection?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by nvr2fast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilip

Jim.....

When I had my metallic silver honda s2000, I also got X50 laser warnings using the SAME X50...

What I think has happened, is that with the black Evo, I'm not getting any reflections off the hood. Also, note that the S2000 is VERY low to the ground, almost like a go-cart, and the Evo is at least twice as tall as it is. So the height difference between the license plate to the laser detector is quite a bit bigger.
    Probably cause the silver of the car reflected the beam much more than the black which absorbs the laser beam

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Good Citizen

well people are idiots and some are just bias against the x50. even though i own a v1, i thought the x50 has good laser detection......whenever it said laser i saw a cop ahead....when my v1 says laser i speed up bc its just an SUV!!