Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howdy

Default Howdy

Posting here because of the strange requirement to post here first.

Professional

Default Re: Howdy

Well rules are here for good reason. It gives the other members the chance to get to know you and what you are looking for. Lots of good info here. Welcome to the forum. What brought you here?

Holy smokes!!! I did NOT expect any replies to this posting! Thank you for the warm welcome.

I'm in Canada. Last time I used a RD was about 20 years ago (stopped when RDD's came out). Looking at getting an STi. Primarily, right now, for a trip to Florida.

Perhaps for use here on occasion (hence the STi). But I don't really know how to hide it in my Camry with no tinted windows, as it seems it would be easy to spot during the daytime. But I just finished posting a question for that in one of the forums.

Plus ... I'm a geek. I just think they're cool.

I am disappointed by the 15 post rule before you can view attachments, such as images. I was trying to learn about something, but wasn't allowed access to pictures. How is a new person supposed to learn with these sorts of restrictions?

Yoda of Radar

Whining won't get you there any faster. And if you use your head for about thirty seconds, I bet you can figure out how to attach photos. We don't just pull this stuff out of our arse to annoy people. You've already been told there are good reasons for it. Take it or leave it.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

I said "view" not "attach".

So let me get this straight. As a possible customer of RadarBusters, I come here to, what I understand is their forum for customers and others, in order to gather information to make an informed purchase. And when I get here, I am presented with hoops that I have to jump through before I can obtain that information.

So for example, I had a specific question. I found a relevant thread. It had pictures concerning placement, which would have been helpful to me. But no, I can't see those until I make 15 posts.

On top of that, I greeted rudely by some asshole moderator who says, "if you use your head for about thirty seconds..." when talking about something I didn't say!

If this dill weed represents RadarBusters, then it's time for me to look for a different retailer.

snoopyc4

Quote Originally Posted by mad mallet View Post
    I said "view" not "attach".

So let me get this straight. As a possible customer of RadarBusters, I come here to, what I understand is their forum for customers and others, in order to gather information to make an informed purchase. And when I get here, I am presented with hoops that I have to jump through before I can obtain that information.

So for example, I had a specific question. I found a relevant thread. It had pictures concerning placement, which would have been helpful to me. But no, I can't see those until I make 15 posts.

On top of that, I greeted rudely by some asshole moderator who says, "if you use your head for about thirty seconds..." when talking about something I didn't say!

If this dill weed represents RadarBusters, then it's time for me to look for a different retailer.
    Revise your post before you get banned. Those "hoops" prevent spammers from invading our forum. If you do not like our rules, you are always welcome to leave.

Yoda of Radar

We have a lovely parting gift for you.

Thanks for playing.

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Power User

Wow, this thread went down hill VERY quickly.

I can't help but see there is room for improvement for the RB customers. Can't we have the members type in like their invoice number and get exempt from the no images rule? I mean they bought something, and probably need help figuring out what the hell to do with it.

Even if you are a LEO, if you put money in Netshops and RB's pocket I think you should be able to get some of this info.

I mean, it goes back to the roots of the site, and Roy himself: to share information. We've gotten so worried about hiding it, that people that, for the lack of a better word, need it, can't get to it.

EDIT: SS, that was a bit uncalled for IMO. You are a Mod, not an Admin.
    Last edited by FoolishOne; 07-21-2009 at 11:52 AM.

Yoda of Radar

Agreed, but this isn't the venue for that. There are no RB CS reps sitting around on this forum waiting for customer inquiries. The guy could pick up the phone. He clearly misunderstood the function of this forum.

Who the heck orders something on a Friday afternoon, and then starts freaking out before the weekend is over anyhow? As the old saying goes, 'piss poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.'

Power User

He wanted to know how to mount it inconspicuously....he came to the RIGHT place for it! The RB CS would have NFI what the hell to do.