Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Happy to join the forum. v1, c100, and veil ordered :)

Hey I have decided to order a V1, C100 and veil with two plate shields. what do you guys think of the combo? I heard you can connect the V1 and c100? I found this out after i ordered... any tips? Ill do some searching but any advice will be gladly appreciated!

Professional

Default Re: Happy to join the forum. v1, c100, and veil ordered :)

Welcome aboard. Nice selections. Have you thought about laser jammer protection?

Professional

yes you can connect both of then together. I have a drawing that might help in order you have the CD.

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...1-problem.html

Hopefully this should help you. The C100 and the Valentine one makes the perfect radar w/ gps combination out there. THe valentine one is amazingly sensitive and the C100 comes with the life time updates. I prefer this over the 9500ix anyday. this combination makes the ride much much more managable. You will notice that the V1 will be pretty noisy. not because it suks but because it is sensitive and picks up radar better. But the cheetah will tame it down and will still provide the same protection. By tame i mean, we turn the volume down on the rd and have only the C100 make noise. It provides a warning based on the setting you have set on the C100.

The only drawback i feel about the cheetah is the X band sound. Personally i find it very annoying. But depending where you live you can disable X band and look for K band muting.....

Veil and the laser shields are good products but please do not expect them to save you against laser. THey do what they are advised to. They help out the jammer in high reflective surfaces. But i have seen results where it will help you over larger distances a lot more but at shorter distance your toast without a jammer.

Thanks! I have thought about a lazer jammer infact i almost pre-ordered a m-27 but i have a black car and the veil G4 should do fine for now... ill update you guys on the installs of everything when it all arrives

Radar Fanatic

It's great that you have taken the partial steps to protecting yourself from laser but don't let Veil, plate covers, and the most sensitive laser detector ever made give you a false sense of security. Even that isn't adequate laser protection. Jammers are the only way to get real protection. Blinders are a good choice too but don't preorder. Wait until they come out and buy directly from Blinder or Radarbusters.

I was actually gonna pre order from the blinder guy lol

Professional
    west coast of the ___American Corporatocracy___ X-band is alive-deadly-expensive

Quote Originally Posted by bharv001 View Post
    Hey I have decided to order a V1, C100 and veil with two plate shields. what do you guys think of the combo? I heard you can connect the V1 and c100? I found this out after i ordered... any tips? Ill do some searching but any advice will be gladly appreciated!
    nice

Knowledge is Power

a V-1 + Cheetah combo provides maximum knowledge
    Feel the Power -

I'm a tad envious - I wish I could justify a Cheetah

Radar Fanatic

Welcome to the forum.

So I am debating when i get the lazer jammer to get the M-47 or M-27... I know I only need two heads for the front. But I was wondering about rear protection? Is that necessary? Anyone had any saves from it? I really dont want to dish out he extra cash if its not worth it..

Also I was wondering If mounting the V1 behind my dark tint strip at the top makes its performance any worse? Im talking about the tint affecting the performance not the mounting point. It is a VERY dark dint and it goes 5 inches down...

Thanks!

Yoda of Radar

So I am debating when i get the lazer jammer to get the M-47 or M-27... I know I only need two heads for the front. But I was wondering about rear protection? Is that necessary?
    I have a rear laser ticket as my inadequate rear ZR3s were beaten. However, since then I have seriously beefed up my rear laser protection and of course, I have not had any more rear laser encounters. Basically, rear laser exists, but it's pretty rare.

Anyone had any saves from it?
    No, no one has had any saves yet from a Blinder M27/M47, because they are not yet available in retail form yet. They also have not been tested in retail form yet. The only units tested so far have been directly provided by the manufacturer for testing, but those results have been impressive. The LI is still better, but if the retail Blinder M27/M47 lives up to the pre-production models, Blinder is closing the gap.

really dont want to dish out he extra cash if its not worth it..
    It's one of those catch-22s, if you install rear protection, you probably won't need it. If you don't, you'll probably get tagged.

Also I was wondering If mounting the V1 behind my dark tint strip at the top makes its performance any worse? Im talking about the tint affecting the performance not the mounting point. It is a VERY dark dint and it goes 5 inches down...

Thanks!
    Easy to test radar reception behind a tint strip. Go to a local pharmacy or grocery store, park at the end of the parking lot facing the doors and test your reception above and below the tint strip.