Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am here

Default I am here

Hello fellow travel enthusiasts. I found this site after doing some heavy research on radar detectors. at this moment i offered someone on craigslist 225 for a V1 with version 1.7 hardware.

hopefully this goes well...

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: I am here

I don't think that's a good deal. That's pretty old. The odds are probably around 80% that it won't arrive in working condition. This happens all the time. Then, it'll cost $45 + shipping just to get it working, or $139 + shipping to get it upgraded to the latest version. At that point, you might as well just buy a new one for $400.

really? darn!!!! so if the guy replies with a "yes, lets meet up"...would there be any way for me to verify that it works good?

Power User

v 1.7? I think I would pass.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by nmtdriver View Post
    really? darn!!!! so if the guy replies with a "yes, lets meet up"...would there be any way for me to verify that it works good?
    Not really. Without any radar guns handy, it would take a few days at least to know for sure that it works properly.

so i guess I'll hold out for a 1.8...they go for about 300 on CL. we shall see...thanks for the help guys, that could have been a huge mistake!

Yoda of Radar

so i guess I'll hold out for a 1.8...they go for about 300 on CL. we shall see...thanks for the help guys, that could have been a huge mistake!
    That's also risky. Again, a very high percentage of V1s found on Ebay and Craig's List show up in non-working condition. matyj, a forum member here, bought two 1.8 V1s off of Ebay and neither worked when he got them. There are countless stories like this around here. The odds of getting a 100% functional V1 off of Ebay or Craig's List is about 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    That's also risky. Again, a very high percentage of V1s found on Ebay and Craig's List show up in non-working condition. matyj, a forum member here, bought two 1.8 V1s off of Ebay and neither worked when he got them. There are countless stories like this around here. The odds of getting a 100% functional V1 off of Ebay or Craig's List is about 50%.
    sheeesh. good looking out, I appreciate it. Guess I'll just save up for a new one from the mfr...

Power User

For a tab bit cheaper, you can get a 30-day turn in from VR if the big 4-0-0 is too much.

Speed Demon

$360 for a refurb, I think.