Thread: New here

Default Hello from Houston

Hi guys, new member from Houston Texas....

Have a Whistler Pro 78 with a broken speaker(almost been my downfall many times...) and an LCM-2.

Drive I-10 and 45 everyday 1 hours to work 1 hour back...

Rarely see any speed enforcement but recently it seems to have been picking up. Got lasered going well above the speed limit on i-10 heading west just past 45 coming over that big hill.... needless to say my LCM-2 payed for itself and the Pro 78 alerted till about 500 feet.

Looking to get a new RD soon, I miss audio alerts :X
    Last edited by niblet; 08-06-2009 at 03:54 PM.

snoopyc4

Default Re: New here

Welcome to the forum

Professional
    west coast of the ___American Corporatocracy___ X-band is alive-deadly-expensive

Howdy
    Welcome to the Forum

Newcomer

Welcome. I have had a radar detector almost as long as I can remember - started using one after I got my first speeding ticket when I was 15.

My commute sounds much like yours - 52 miles each way, about 43 minutes total. It's almost all highway driving with PSL of 70 mph. When I had a shorter commute, I would routinely see city police shooting laser in the median. At least 2 or 3 times a week. Now that my drive has changed, I mainly see highway patrol with constant-on radar.

Even though I have only seen laser once on the turnpike that I drive, I figured that it was about time to buy a jammer. Bought myself a Blinder M27, hope that it works well for me!