Thread: First Post

Experienced

Default First Post

I gotta get my first post in to go anywhere else in the forum, so here it is. I'm in the Atlanta area...have a Beltronics RX65 in the wife's car, a V1 in mine that I purchased around the end of July and a Blinder M27 installed in August.

I've had enough tickets in the past and I ain't slowin' down.

snoopyc4

Default Re: First Post

Welcome to the forum. What software version is the V1? The M27 is a good jammer. What vehicle do you have it installed on?

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by snoopyc4 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. What software version is the V1? The M27 is a good jammer. What vehicle do you have it installed on?
    3.872. It's a 2001 Monte Carlo. I forgot to add, also have Veil on the headlamps and parking lights. The front end of the car is quite stealthy on it's own. No front license plate required in the state.

Mobile Installer

Welcome to the forum
    Radarrob is a approved radar detector and Parking sensor installer Anywhere in the United States.Has access to Radar and Lidar Guns to test systems.Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector or parking sensor for your needs? Visit my Install Thread:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...installer.html

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

Professional

welcome aboard. Looks like you are well countermeasured

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by thx1138 View Post
    welcome aboard. Looks like you are well countermeasured
    I hope so. Last year about this time I got a speeding ticket in a 35 mph zone that was really a low speed for the road and area. It was a State Trooper who was parked around a bend and behind a bunch of trees and I actually had the RX65 going. Unfortunately, I also had the radio blasting over 100 decibels to the guy pounding that thing in your avatar and some ripping guitar music. It wasn't the detectors fault, it was MY fault. I just happened to look up and the lights of the detector were off the chart. I don't know when they started or how far back I was on the road, but I pretty much slammed on the brakes and went way down.
    Too late.

He nailed me and said I was going 51 mph but all of a sudden the speed dropped down dramatically before I got to him. There was nowhere to pull over after his lights went on, so by the time we got to an open area I had pulled the detector off and I guess he didn't notice when I did it. He dropped the speed down to 49 and that got me out of any points or insurance increases. Anything 14 mph over the limit means points. The ticket was only $61 bucks, but it still frosted by butt enough to get everything else I now have.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Monte1 View Post
    3.872. It's a 2001 Monte Carlo. I forgot to add, also have Veil on the headlamps and parking lights. The front end of the car is quite stealthy on it's own. No front license plate required in the state.
    You're serious for a newcomer.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by v1user View Post
    I'm not a newcomer to speeding tickets, fines, points, insurance increases, school or classes for the points.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Akosikojak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by v1user View Post
    I'm not a newcomer to speeding tickets, fines, points, insurance increases, school or classes for the points.

I like your choices in countermeasures, I'm a V1 & Blinder fan myself. Most excellent.
    Agreed, Welcome to the forum.