Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default In defense of the Speed Monkey

Greetings from sunny Arizona!
    I am Dave VonTesmar, owner of the Speed Monkey Subaru that is almost famous in Phoenix. I would like to let all the readers of this blog know that this vehicle has never been operated in an unsafe and reckless manner by me or anyone else, despite what the AZ DPS spokespeople would like you to believe. I have an excellent driving record and have for more than 30 years.

I am a friend of the badge with a 21 year Federal Law Enforcement career. I also have friends that still work with DPS and other Arizona agencies.
    Photo Radar (an incorrect term) is not Law Enforcement.

The DPS spokesperson(s) are on record as stating that they just want me to pay the fines. These are the same sworn officers that allege that they followed me and saw me commit these violations and yet, did not stop the vehicle at that time. They allowed me (or whomever was driving) to continue up the road. Why? Because this vehicle was most likely being operated in a safe and prudent fashion based on the existing conditions. They waited almost a month to come to my workplace to personally deliver the photo tickets. Not exactly protecting the citizens of Arizona against a reckless and dangerous driver are they?

95% of these tickets were for operating this vehicle with the safe flow of traffic. The most egregious violation was for approximately 14 miles over, (their wording, not mine). The posted speed limits are arbitrary and in no relation to highway safety. It is convenient that these cameras are placed where the posted limit goes from 65 to 55 on a 4 lane highway designed for 85.
    Once again, I am not thumbing my nose at law enforcement nor allowing this vehicle to be operated in a dangerous manner. My family and friends drive on these same highways, (sometimes in my car) and I would never jeopardize their safety nor my own.

In closing, Drive Safe, just like I do.

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: In defense of the Speed Monkey

Well, at least you're likely to have media coverage of the trial, so maybe some good will come of this if you can show the things you are saying. Good luck, and thanks for dropping by!

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Power User

I've actually never heard of you but good luck with the war on cameras.

Ooooo, so you know this guy.

Last edited by v1user; 09-24-2009 at 12:14 AM.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by v1user View Post
    What rock have you been living under???

The Associated Press: Arizona driver dons monkey masks to elude tickets

snoopyc4

Found him!

Good luck fighting your tickets!

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by swarga View Post
    What rock have you been living under???

The Associated Press: Arizona driver dons monkey masks to elude tickets
    It just didn't click when I first read it.

SS, you may want to go back and edit your post about on the monkey thread from a while back.
    Last edited by v1user; 09-24-2009 at 12:39 AM.

Good Citizen

that seriously blows man, i hope everything works out for the best

Lead Foot

LOL. this guy is the man, more power to you brother, a little advice: lose the monkey mask and buy a C50.

Yoda of Radar

SS, you may want to go back and edit your post about on the monkey thread from a while back.
    Nah, I stand behind the assertion that it was an ill-conceived and bone-headed thing to do. But I support the guy's politics and struggle against the man. You just can't thumb your nose like that and expect to get away with it. The cops will always make it personal when you do that. Anyone in law enforcement should know that.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Radar Fanatic

Good work man! Pretty ironic I was sent this story tonight...good luck fighting those tickets, I plan on doing something similar if I have to deal with these stupid speed cameras in Maryland.