Newcomer

Thumbs up Hello from the Shenandoah Valley

Nice informative site for upper end detectors. I purchased one of the cheepies before I knew how inferior it was in todays world, however I rarely do PSL+15 and always slow down for little towns and construction zones where the ticket generators hide. I probably won't have any speed racer posts but I might be able to provide some tech info some time to other posters as I am Ham and worked on my first radar ( APQ-148 ) about thirty seven years ago Again, nice site.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Hello from the Shenandoah Valley

What type of cheap RD do you have and better yet what is your price range to upgrade.

snoopyc4

Welcome to the forum. I'm guessing the cheap radar detector you bought was a Cobra? What radar detectors are you looking into?

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by quartertonfun83 View Post
    Nice informative site for upper end detectors. I purchased one of the cheepies before I knew how inferior it was in todays world, however I rarely do PSL+15 and always slow down for little towns and construction zones where the ticket generators hide. I probably won't have any speed racer posts but I might be able to provide some tech info some time to other posters as I am Ham and worked on my first radar ( APQ-148 ) about thirty seven years ago Again, nice site.

Welcome to the forum, please remember that most cops will give you up to 10 MPH on the PSL. Might want to think about a upgrade.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Akosikojak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by quartertonfun83 View Post

Welcome to the forum, please remember that most cops will give you up to 10 MPH on the PSL. Might want to think about a upgrade.
    I second that. If u know your RD is inferior, why not invest in something better....