Advanced Member

Default News and Hi from a V1 Lover in Bama!

Being new to this and having to learn the in and outs on this site, hi to all motorist who owns a RD and enjoy the right to monitor the airways from Big Brother who is monitoring your speed. But please drive a safe speed according to the road. Owning my second Valentine One ( the other one was a 1994 V1 sent in for the 3.872) has been a great enjoyment with no $$$ sent to city hall for a blue light special. I drive within the speed limit mostly but hate the 35 mph zones on a 4 lane or 25 mph in town. I do have questions: Does anyone have any ideal where Pop is used up to date? What models of radar does Alabama HP use? I know I/O Ka. Did they get rid of all of the I/O MPH-55 X bands? And laser from an over pass work truck with 25 troopers working it from the on ramp, what a site! Better than Xmas lights with paper gifts given to the speeders entering from Georgia on I-20. X band is still used in Athens, Alabama. So do not turn off the X band, it is still out there. I do not know if he is allowed on I-65?

Professional

Default Re: News and Hi from a V1 Lover in Bama!

Welcome to the forum. Pop cannot be used to issue a citation but merely to monitor traffic. By law, the police are required to provide a vehicle tracking record and by using pop they do not get one. As for what radar units the Alabama Highway Patrol use, I have no idea. Maybe someone else on the forum knows.

Advanced Member

Thank you! I hope I am posting these right!

Good Citizen

Radar Fanatic

Welcome to the forum.

Advanced Member

Thanks guys! What I was looking for was the make of the radar guns that the State of Alabama has purchased. The Troopers run I/O Ka mostly. I got hit with the first Ka from the rear with a Trooper a week ago and he pulled someone over a few miles ahead in the same lane on the 4 lane. The cop was speeding! This same lane tech. is new to the south here. But found one I/O K band last year but they use the I/O Ka deadly but do not know the frequency or make. With the V1, I have to run with a rabbit out front. Thank all of you again.....
    Last edited by North Alabama; 11-30-2009 at 07:07 PM.