Thread: Hello

Thumbs up Hello

Been lurking on this forum for years, finally decided to make myself an honest man and join up. I'm a consumate car enthusiast, radar detecting only part of my interst. But my interest has peaked further based on the latest antics of our California Governator where he is looking to retrofit the traffic light camera's to also generate speeding ticket revenue. Being a rookie, can't post a link to the article, but Google "NBC Smile for the Camera Speeders" and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Cool, huh? Best counter measure is probably to put the car I normally drive in my daughters name. That way, when they see a guy driving a car registered to a girl who lives 120 miles away, not so quick and easy to confirm whats what.

Anyway, I'm running SRX on my 1991 Mazda RX7 that I take regularly to the local Cars n Coffee meet. Being a rookie I can't post a link. But if you saw it I would expect it would get excellent reviews regarding it's excellent design for dealing with shifter push through.

Rather than Veil, I chose to simply smoke the FTP's and Turn Signal lenses leaving nothing shinny to shoot at other than the windshield.

Anyway, that want to thank everyone on this forum for all they've shared and will share. Really a valuable resource in this growing Big Brother world we're in.

Professional

Default Re: Hello

Welcome to the forum just to let you know tinting does not reduce your IR reflectivity

Speed Demon

I just read the article you were referring to, and that is ridiculous that cities do things like this. They get enough revenue coming in, and to make the red light camera also a speed capture device, goes overboard in my opinion. Probably just a matter of time and we will see a lot more of these.

Mobile Installer

Welcome to the forum.
    Radarrob is a approved radar detector and Parking sensor installer Anywhere in the United States.Has access to Radar and Lidar Guns to test systems.Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector or parking sensor for your needs? Visit my Install Thread:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...installer.html

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by dahozzman View Post
    3 4 5 6....15

snoopyc4

Quote Originally Posted by v1user View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dahozzman View Post
    3 4 5 6....15

X2 No post count padding.

Welcome to the forum. Trailtow is correct. Tint won't help. What color is your vehicle?

Yoda of Radar

I hated to ban someone that brought such useful information, but you can't get any more blatant than that.

With apologies, similar situation in other forums, common approach. Just wanted to get that information out there since it hits core of this forum.

Again, apologies for crossing a line that I now know is held here.

Power User

Welcome to our forum

Power User

Welcome. You may want to look at getting a Cheetah product to help you with the red light/speed cameras.

Cheetah GPS product comparison