Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another New Guy

Newcomer

Default Another New Guy

Hello,

I've been lurking here for a little bit, but since I have a question or two to post, thought I should introduce myself.

I'm in Western Washington. A few years ago I got a Valentine One when I got a Chrysler 300C. Played "the game" for awhile, then got a "ticket notification" as I rounded a corner down a mountain pass - I think I started pulling over before I saw the WSP trooper's lights start to flash. I'd had no moving violations before that, so got a deferral, stayed clean for a year and got it dismissed.

Now, last week, I traded the 300 in on a 2010 Jaguar XF Supercharged - 470hp. I can tell this thing's going to be fun - and dangerous. The Valentine has been updated a couple of years ago to 1.8, firmware 3.825. But obviously, I needed to look into a laser jammer. I read up on them here and a few other places, and went with the LI - ordered it Monday and got it today, across the country - can't beat that. I'll be posting an installation question or two over in the right forum.

So... has anyone come up with a way to beat the state patrol planes that patrol some of our highways on clear days?

snoopyc4

Default Re: Another New Guy

Welcome to the forum. You are making all the right moves when it comes the RDs and laser jammers. Best way to beat the planes would be with a scanner or CB radio.

On a sidenote, the best way for us to help you with the laser jammer install is if you can post a pic of your vehicle.

Professional

First off welcome that is going to be a good set up only way to beat the planes is keep and eye in the sky or a scanner to monitor their frequencies

Professional

Welcome to the forum!

Professional

Welcome aboard. Lets see the install.
    Provided your highway patrol is not encrypted, as the other members mentioned, a scanner will serve you well for air patrols. You will hear them calling out car colors, lane and speeds for the chase pack on the ground.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by snoopyc4 View Post
    On a sidenote, the best way for us to help you with the laser jammer install is if you can post a pic of your vehicle.
    I shall do so - when my post count is high enough! I have the pics ready to go.

snoopyc4

Actually, another forum member had another way of detecting the planes used in a vascar trap:

Quote Originally Posted by proudNMAmember View Post
    The item to use in your defense against this airborn VASCAR is called the Zaon MRX collision avoidance system. The device detects the transponder on the plane above you in the sky and gives you an audible alert. I have one but it's a little complicated. Neat item for us "gadget enthusiasts" out here having fun!
    Only problem is you will be detecting every other plane in the sky too.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Jeff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopyc4 View Post
    I shall do so - when my post count is high enough! I have the pics ready to go.
    You can't post picture links, but you can "attach" pictures.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by thx1138 View Post
    Welcome aboard. Lets see the install.
    Provided your highway patrol is not encrypted, as the other members mentioned, a scanner will serve you well for air patrols. You will hear them calling out car colors, lane and speeds for the chase pack on the ground.
    You can program the in car repeater, then set your scanner to "beap" when it picks up that channel and then you know for sure that a trooper is close to you. This only works if he is talking.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    You can't post picture links, but you can "attach" pictures.
    Thanks! It's posted in the Laser Jammers forum.