Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default V1.8 pop2 or rx75 plus? Need help

Ok so Here's the deal I drive from New York City all the way back to Rochester(all highway interstate miles). I dont drive anything special just a Pontiac GTP SUPERCHARGED, so Im not driving a Ferrari or Lambo but def dont want any more tickets. Ive been looking into the V1 version 1.8 pop2 and euro I can pick one up for $300 dollars, I was recently going to buy this and I was offered a rx75 plus system for $400 new...now I dont know what to go with because the rx75 plus has the laser jammer also. For the record I dont speed stupid , I get in the fast lane and do 90 the whole way thats bout it. If anybody has any type of info that could help me out I would highly appreciate it as I am going to make a decision with in the next couple days Thanks again!

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: V1.8 pop2 or rx75 plus? Need help

If the V1 is the newest version 3.872, I would defiantly say V1. The RX-75 is a mediocre RD, and the jammers that come with it are weak and don't offer good protection. I would get a V1 and a Blinder or Laser Interceptor laser jammer.

Good Citizen

Welcome aboard.

Mobile Installer

welcome
    Radarrob is a approved radar detector and Parking sensor installer Anywhere in the United States.Has access to Radar and Lidar Guns to test systems.Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector or parking sensor for your needs? Visit my Install Thread:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...installer.html

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

Newcomer

Thank you Thank you!! for the welcome and fast response
    nother quick question how do I knoe what version the V1 is when valentine.com say its in house v1.8 pop2 euro?..Like version 3.812...3.813..3.872....or 3.826? Thanks again

Newcomer

Well I found out the answer to my own question, has to do with the last 3 of your serial number, ALSO i THINK AFTER ALOT OF REVIEWS AND HELP FROM MEMBERS ON HERE i AM GOING WITH THE V1.8 POP2 W/EURO MODE I will be bidding on it tonight hopefully I winthe one I want will keep updated soon=)

snoopyc4

Quote Originally Posted by kodyt21 View Post
    Thank you Thank you!! for the welcome and fast response
    nother quick question how do I knoe what version the V1 is when valentine.com say its in house v1.8 pop2 euro?..Like version 3.812...3.813..3.872....or 3.826? Thanks again
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vMqAqkRtLo]YouTube - How to check your V1's version[/ame]

Radar Fanatic

WELOME and good choice on the V1!

Newcomer

WOW thanks alot snoopyc4 that was great!....again i have seen this thread before but think it is better to upgrade or just send in for tune being that I will be buying a 3.826 version? anybody have anytype of actually exoirience of the newer upgrade being any bit better? or worth another 100 to upgrade it? thanks again

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by kodyt21 View Post
    WOW thanks alot snoopyc4 that was great!....again i have seen this thread before but think it is better to upgrade or just send in for tune being that I will be buying a 3.826 version? anybody have anytype of actually exoirience of the newer upgrade being any bit better? or worth another 100 to upgrade it? thanks again
    The main problem with buying used is that the older V1s usually need to be sent in for a tune up or upgrade. The tune up I believe is 45 dollars and an upgrade is around 100. I personally think you should just buy a new V1 straight from their website. That way there are no questions about how well the product functions and you will have the warranty registered in your name. If you buy it for 300 and send it in for an upgrade, your spending close to 400 bucks for a used V1, the price of a new V1. I would definitely go with the V1 over the RX75. The RX75 is a good detector but no match for the V1. You also mentioned you liked the idea of the laser jammers on the RX75. Look into a Blinder or LI system. Those Zr4s would not help you that much and from what I've read the NY State Troopers use laser quite a bit. You said you will be bidding on the V1 so I'm assuming you found one on ebay. The issue with ebay is that you do not know where the V1 came from. Does it come with the box and all of its accessories? If it does not, you have the issue of it possibly being stolen. Before you seal the deal on that used V1, get the serial number and call V1 customer service and see if that V1 has been reported stolen.