Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Radar Fanatic

Default Re: New user from central KY

Quote Originally Posted by deljaso View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Footr View Post
    Yup. Just joined last week too to share some of the info ive gotten of the past few months with spec mode and my 9500ix.

Im a student at UK and i travel a lot. If you wanna see all the bands that LEOs in this area use i suggest going to the Local and Regional info section of the site and looking at the last post on page 19 of the Radar Bands by Town thread.

That should answer most of your questions.

Thanks, that list is great -- it's good to know that I can safely shut off x-band (I didn't know the Fayette mall has automatic doors, hahahaha).

I hope you don't mind if I steal your signature format.

I'm not too sure about your local law enforcement bands but I live in Elizabethtown and have ran into a few X band hits here and up towards Louisville. You can probably turn X off but I have seen it used a time or 2. I've traveled around Kentucky quite a bit and have mainly seen K and Ka being used, never encountered or even seen an officer shooting laser. I have seen instant on being used from time to time on the interstates.

Newcomer

Thanks for the heads up!
    I got the V1 on Wednesday and took it for a drive up I75 yesterday. As a first time user, it was fun knowing which LEO's on the other side were running radar.

I don't know if it "saved" me yesterday, but it was interesting... There was a recent accident on the other side of the freeway. There were a lot of flashing lights, they were pulling a car off of the road, etc. Usually in that situation, I assume that all police in the area are at the site and I usually speed up a little bit after encountering those. A few miles down the road, I started getting very strong Ka alerts sporadically, from behind. After a while of getting them, noticed it was when I'd crest a hill (when I'd have direct line of sight, duh!). Sure enough, the LEO passed me a few miles after I slowed to PSL, running C/O (k or ka band).
    Learning the nuances of the game is fun

For now, I'm leaving it in "A" mode in order to get a feel for it, and trying to learn the different audio alerts. It's really not as bad as it's made out to be -- I know if I'm driving by a Kroger or a WalMart that it's going to go off. Keeping the volume a little lower in town allows me to deal with it.

Power User

Welcome

Newcomer

Noob here hi to all!