Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Bought a new cobra for 100$ and sold it for the same price. Just got a used v940 for 76$. In great shape. I should of kept the cobra just to see the diference but I am glad to have gotten the v940. So far pretty much all comments have been good on this unit. I usually drive about 10km over limit . This is usually tolerated .I just wanted to know where the radar's are. In case I need to pass someone under the limit.

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Hello

Not a bad unit. You have to be careful though. The condition of a unit on the outside tells you nothing about the condition of it on the inside. Not everyone who sells one is as honest as you.

Good to see you got your money's worth out of the sale of your Cobra! Assuming the BEL is operating in top shape, you definitely moved up, and at a good price!

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Power User

Welcome to our forum

Mobile Installer

welcome.

Newcomer

Noob here hi to all!

Radar Fanatic

Welcome

Thanks alot my friends . The funniest the same day I got it they installed a remote radar on a trailer to advise people of their driving speed. So this was a nice opportunitie to try out and see how far i would detect this radar. I also had my son look at when it caught me . So with our cell phones we checked when I got the radar signal and he told me when the radar caught me and posted my speed. On this road there are alot of curves. So the signal was not caught far away. It caught it in the last curve. Before heading in a straight direction towards the radar. So I figure 300 yards await. Not too far but still way enought time to slow down or even stop. Nice to hear the rd say K band and see the led's light up . Drove on a highway later on and got a faint allert with x band . That area is full of car dealers garages etc. But that doesnt bother me . I know they are door remotes or other usually. Rd are not legal here so I need to know if this works. Thanks to our local police for letting me try out my new rd
    Last edited by rdrDan; 04-11-2010 at 11:46 AM.

Still love my v940. It gives me ample notice of radars so far. A few false alerts in town but I can live with that. I usually dont use my unit in town anyway. The other day I got a laser alert???? driving by a parking near a gov training center(school). I didn't see any laser guns or patrol car anywhere? It never hapened again when driving by that area.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by rdrDan View Post
    Still love my v940. It gives me ample notice of radars so far. A few false alerts in town but I can live with that. I usually dont use my unit in town anyway. The other day I got a laser alert???? driving by a parking near a gov training center(school). I didn't see any laser guns or patrol car anywhere? It never hapened again when driving by that area.
    Some newer cars are known to give laser falses and well as the suns rays through the trees. Good choice on the RD. Bel RD's are usually very reliable. Laser detection is pretty much useless on a RD. By the time the alert is received ...its too late .......Most of the time the RD's wont even alert to laser.....Laser jammers are the only solution......

The more you love your RD and the more time you spend on this site....you will realize that a RD is not enough and you will start to spend a lot of money. I joined this forum to figure out why my higher end cobra didnot perform as advertised and a year late am still around with more countermeasures...

Thanks Quicktrigger for the info/ I have seen on the net that laser jammers do not work ??? So the question is...Do they or do they not work?? I would like to get info on users that have used these jammers. Or what is your opinion on them .
    Thanks Dan