Default Yet another New Guy

Hey Fellas,

I've had radar detectors since 1983. I can't even begin to put a figure to how much cash they've saved me over the years.

My current detector is a Passport 8500 that is getting a bit long in the tooth.

I drive 129.5 miles to work. Luckily, I only do it once a week. It's all Interstate freeway, so most of it is a 75 zone, but one little 11 mile patch is 55, due to a bunch of curves.

I don't ever drive over 85. I think that's reasonable, but apparently the state troopers of the three states I cover on my drive think otherwise.

I'm going to be replacing the old (mostly) reliable 8500 with something else... soon. But I plan on doing a bunch of research first. Which is why I'm here. Also thinking about investing in some Veil, and possibly a ZR4 system, too.

Let the research begin....

Mobile Installer

Default Re: Yet another New Guy

Welcome.
    Radarrob is a approved radar detector and Parking sensor installer Anywhere in the United States.Has access to Radar and Lidar Guns to test systems.Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector or parking sensor for your needs? Visit my Install Thread:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...installer.html

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

Lead Foot

Welcome. If youre looking at interstate driving it doesnt get much better than a Redline or a V1. Then there are custom installed options, but theyre pricey. Advantage of Redline is a range advantage and its undetectable by RDD (if your not in VA it doesnt matter). Advantage of V1 is still great range but not quite as good as Redline, arrows, and picks up Quick Trigger a bit better.

Check out some of the videos posted of Redline detections here. Theyre pretty crazy.

...and im sure youve already read some of the V1 zombie posts. Dont get bitten.

Professional

Read carefully here before you pick a laser jammer. The ZR4 has not tested well. Take a look at LI. As far as radar detector goes....depends on your budget and your tolerance to falses...Read here and Guysoflidar for more info.

Radar Fanatic

If I was going to buy a LJ it would not be the ZR4. I would for sure buy the Duel or Quad Laser Intercepter(LI).

Professional
    west coast of the ___American Corporatocracy___ X-band is alive-deadly-expensive

Yet Another
    Welcome to the Forum - -

I have a similar 100+ mile, weekly commute.
    What vehicle you drivin?