Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Vegas

Newcomer

Default Hi from Vegas

Been lurking for a while now and decided it is time to join. Trying to figure out between a V1, Redline, or STi Driver. I need to use it in the city and driving between LA and Vegas.

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Hi from Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by Sincity View Post
    Been lurking for a while now and decided it is time to join. Trying to figure out between a V1, Redline, or STi Driver. I need to use it in the city and driving between LA and Vegas.
    V1 for sure. Radar travels for miles out there. The extra range of the RedLine is a nonfactor. Knowing the direction of the radar source is very important on that stretch of highway.

You will also need a laser jammer or you will eventually get owned by CHP shooting an Ultralyte or a TruSpeed. I recommend a Laser Interceptor for your laser needs.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    V1 for sure. Radar travels for miles out there. The extra range of the RedLine is a nonfactor. Knowing the direction of the radar source is very important on that stretch of highway.

You will also need a laser jammer or you will eventually get owned by CHP shooting an Ultralyte or a TruSpeed. I recommend a Laser Interceptor for your laser needs.

x2 you can't go wrong.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post

I'd normally pick Redline for open desert, but the desert between Vegas and LA is so jammed with cars, you're always very close to a rabbit (like 15 feet), so I'd agree with djrams80 on V1 in your case. And they certainly are using LIDAR in LV.

Oh yeah - welcome to the club.

2010 Honda Civic Sedan
    Cobra 19 DX IV CB
    Wilson Lil Wil
    Uniden BCT15X Scanner
    Garmin Nuvi 1300
    Saves: More than I can count

Radar Fanatic

Welcome to the forum.

RadarBusters Associate

welcome to the forum...

I got to agree with what has been said so far your best bet in this case is going to be the V1 and a Laser Jammer, I'm not for sure how bad false alerts are in your area but if there bad then you might want to look at the 9500ix, but from what you told us so far go with the V1

Yoda of Radar

I missed the part about using it in the city. In that case, I'd suggest trying out the V1, but if the false alerts are too much for you to deal with, then the 9500ix is probably your next best bet.

Radar Fanatic

Welcome to the forum and the V1 would be a very good choice.

Newcomer

Thanks for the welcome! I thought NHP only used radar till I noticed one day, when getting off from the overpass by the house, I see this officer aiming something close to his face.

For those that have driven on the 15 between Vegas and LA, were most of the LIDAR shots from the overpasses? I don't plan on getting a laser countermeasure and could always pay more attention to the overpasses.

Radar Fanatic

Get a good RD for now but if you want to be fully protection just think about a Jammer.