Thread: VW GTI MkVI

Default VW GTI MkVI

Hello all! I (very) recently got a black MkVI GTI and already managed to get a ticket. This car does not want to be driven slowly. I've read a ton of posts, and looked at Guys of LIDAR among other things. It seems like laser protection is fairly necessary, and that the V1 and Redline are the best detectors out there for sensitivity. I'm thinking of taking advantage of the deal currently available on radarbusters and getting a V1 as well as LI Dual or Quad. Any suggestions/comments?

I like a lot of the features of the Redline like ability to view the actual frequency, and the fact that it is stealth, but the V1 is way cheaper, and seems to be the favorite.

Thanks for all the great info!

Mobile Installer

Default Re: VW GTI MkVI

welcome. i myself have a mk4 vw
    Radarrob is a approved radar detector and Parking sensor installer Anywhere in the United States.Has access to Radar and Lidar Guns to test systems.Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector or parking sensor for your needs? Visit my Install Thread:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...installer.html

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

I noticed you in a few other threads! I also see that amongst your impressive arsenal your rocking LI dual, is that in the front I assume? Are there significant advantages to going Quad?

Mobile Installer

Quote Originally Posted by toenails View Post
    I noticed you in a few other threads! I also see that amongst your impressive arsenal your rocking LI dual, is that in the front I assume? Are there significant advantages to going Quad?
    check here a Li dual will get the job done i nthe places i have them mounted.http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...gti-sti-r.html
    Radarrob is a approved radar detector and Parking sensor installer Anywhere in the United States.Has access to Radar and Lidar Guns to test systems.Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector or parking sensor for your needs? Visit my Install Thread:

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

well that certainly makes things cheaper... just gotta decide to pull the trigger.

i hear a lot about people getting hit from behind after they go under an overpass, has this ever happened to you? Thanks a ton for your help.

Mobile Installer

Quote Originally Posted by toenails View Post
    well that certainly makes things cheaper... just gotta decide to pull the trigger.

i hear a lot about people getting hit from behind after they go under an overpass, has this ever happened to you? Thanks a ton for your help.
    they do shoot from over pass out by me,but i have not been hit in rear yet.im in the works on trying to mount 2 Li heads in rear soon.

Power User

Welcome to our forum

Quote Originally Posted by Akosikojak View Post
    Welcome to our forum
    Thanks Akosikojak! I see you have a redline and a V1... how do they compare? I'm pretty set on the V1 at this point for price, and the fact that it comes with several different mounts and a hardwire kit. Seems like with the redline you have to drop an extra $30 for the hardwire.