Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Old Owner of RD but a new member here

Hello - I'm glad I've come to know of this forum. I've been a novice user of my Beltronics Vector 995 for some time now. I'm planning to spruce up the cosmetics (stealth cord etc) part of it before I delve into the details.

Safe ride.

Regards,
    MaverikS

Power User

Default Re: Old Owner of RD but a new member here

The 995 didn't do too bad in the guys of lidar test, but there are a few RD's a littlebit better if you thinking about upgrading. Radar Detector Tests and Reviews by Guys of LIDAR - LASER

Make sure you give some thought to some Jammers though, because w/out a jammer your CM setup is not complete.

Welcome to our forum

Newcomer

Thank you.

I'm really digging this forum now..can you believe I have been here for the last 3 hours - though I've to be at work first thing in the morning tomorrow...wish I could take off and satisfy myself by reading as many posts as I can..

Honestly - I feel overwhelmed with the information (in a good way). Just being humble about my ignorance until I had discovered whatever I did in the last few hours here. I know it's the initial phase and I shall overcome in a few days once I get baselined.

Hope to be able to contribute once I get myself to run in this area of expertise...I could just be trying to walk now..

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by maveriks View Post
    Thank you.

I'm really digging this forum now..can you believe I have been here for the last 3 hours - though I've to be at work first thing in the morning tomorrow...

Don't worry mate, get some rest, the info will still be here tomorrow.

Nice to see someone read-up before posting-up... read ALL the stickies before you post in ANY section you plan on posting in... it will only help you in the long run. If stickies don't answer your questions... the search will a good (75%+) of the time.

Radar Fanatic

Welcome to the forum.

Radar Fanatic

Welcome. The 995 is a great detector!

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore View Post

Don't worry mate, get some rest, the info will still be here tomorrow.

Nice to see someone read-up before posting-up... read ALL the stickies before you post in ANY section you plan on posting in... it will only help you in the long run. If stickies don't answer your questions... the search will a good (75%+) of the time.
    I agree - it was my eagerness to have answers to my questions...was trying to gain as much info as possible for my immediate project on hand and put all ideas together in order to figure out what meets my need. ...unfortunately being a newcomer I'm limited on what kind of info I can have access to..well, I'll have to wait until that time..

Immediate Project: Replace the coiled wire to something more concealed and still be effective. And still be able to operate the muting device closer to the wheel. Trying to purchase stuff needed online one time instead of having to put in multiple orders - shipping charges will negate online ordering.

PS: Can't resist to say so here it is - I feel newcomers are being really tested on this forum here. I bet there is a reason behind this based on experience that site admins might have had here. I'm a forum member on other sites (motorcycle & car related) and haven't seen this before.

RadarBusters Associate

welcome to the forum, it is great to hear how enthusiesed you are about learning the products.

In regards to your need to buy in one place and shipping cost, not to sound to much like a salesman but check out radarbusters.com or give me a call and we will get you all set up with everything you need. Sadly there are a couple things we don't offer like the Aux Speaker but we do have a lot of good stuff

Newcomer

Sure, I'll have a look at the link once I'm back home tonight. Thank you!

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by maveriks View Post
    Hello - I'm glad I've come to know of this forum. I've been a novice user of my Beltronics Vector 995 for some time now. I'm planning to spruce up the cosmetics (stealth cord etc) part of it before I delve into the details.

Safe ride.

Regards,
    MaverikS
    Me too. Amazing budget detector. Do you have the M4 or S7 version? To find out just look at the bottom and check the last two "digits" on the serial.