Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Greetings from PA/NJ

Just thought I'd say Hi. I mostly drive in PA area but travel to NJ quite often. I've been reading and talking to a few people on another car forum that I belong too and have pretty much thought of the v1 with LI jammers. Not the HP since I can't swing it and just front mounts. It was between the v1 or redline but I'm pretty sure the v1.

For the record it'll be on a Nsx so it's not a large car but the only place to mount the jammers are in the front air inlets in the front bumper. Hopefully when I get my car back from being turbo'ed I can meet up with you guys to critique the install!

Have a good one.

Stephen

Speed Demon
    Driving in the left lane, 10 MPH below the PSL, with my turn signal on!

Default Re: Greetings from PA/NJ

Welcome to the forum. In pa only the psp use radar they are very good at it , low power K band and I/O.

Power User

^ +1

Welcome to the forum.

Power User

Good on Ya for thinking about the V1 it's a beast of an RD.

Welcome to our most excellent forum

Thanks a lot guys. This forum is great. Lots of good information out there right now.

Stephen

Power User
    South Central PA, where the Walmart has hitching posts

Hello there. There are a few guys from PA here who've been playing the speeding game for a while.

Professional

Welcome to the forum!

Radar Fanatic

welcome to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by supercowpowers View Post
    Hello there. There are a few guys from PA here who've been playing the speeding game for a while.
    Kind of sucks though for us PA guys because now I'm reading that they don't use laser guns so that just really eliminates me getting a LI system since MOST the driving I do is in PA. Reguardless I'm going to get a v1 in the next week...

Stephen

Professional

Welcome to the forum from another one from western PA!

Quote Originally Posted by SpoolinNsx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by supercowpowers View Post
    Kind of sucks though for us PA guys because now I'm reading that they don't use laser guns so that just really eliminates me getting a LI system since MOST the driving I do is in PA. Reguardless I'm going to get a v1 in the next week...

Stephen
    Yes, LIDAR is not used at all for speed enforcement in Pennsylvania due to the laws. PennDOT and the legislature chooses what specific radar devices can be used, and as of right now no LIDAR devices are approved. Law also mandates that only state troopers can use radar in PA, local police are required to use non-radar devices such as stopwatches, VASCAR, and ENRADD. I guess it saves you money though with not having to buy jammers, lol.