Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default 2010 Shelby GT500, Blinder M47 & Bell STI driver

Hello This is a Great forum! This is my first post. I have all 3 of the above objects and now I have all winter to install them tight, right and out of sight.. Any suggestions on the blinder heads for the front of my Shelby? I was thinking 3 front and 1 back. But it has to be stealth stealth stealth....Any pic's you all have on your Shelby installs would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: 2010 Shelby GT500, Blinder M47 & Bell STI driver

Weclome. I don't have the advice that you're looking for, but I'd love to see a few pictures of your car! The Shelbys are very sharp cars.

Newcomer

Cool Re: 2010 Shelby GT500, Blinder M47 & Bell STI driver

Quote Originally Posted by unmamfqlm View Post
    Weclome. I don't have the advice that you're looking for, but I'd love to see a few pictures of your car! The Shelbys are very sharp cars.
    Here you go this is my beast..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CND_Shelby; 11-08-2010 at 06:01 AM.

Radar Fanatic

Awesome awesome car, bro. I tried talking my mom into getting one of these, but they were out of her price range lol. She ended up getting a 2008 California Special.

Yoda of Radar

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that won't protect that car with any degree of confidence. You need either more heads or a better jammer. Check out the FAQ, which will explain that your rear is harder to protect than the front, not easier.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that won't protect that car with any degree of confidence. You need either more heads or a better jammer. Check out the FAQ, which will explain that your rear is harder to protect than the front, not easier.
    Ok I am listening, Please elabirate, what would you do with the 4 heads and why will the Blinder not protect that car?

Yoda of Radar

Experience testing a lot of set-ups over the last two years tells me that it would take all four heads on the front of that thing to keep you bulletproof. That leaves your rear end wide open, and again, the rear is harder to protect.

Honestly, what I personally would do with the 4 heads is return them and buy a 4-head Laser Interceptor instead. Then you won't have anything to worry about.

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Radar Fanatic

Last edited by DrCoke; 09-20-2011 at 10:58 PM.

Newcomer

Thanks, maybe I have to will just buy another M47 for the ass end also. I thought these Blinder Extreams where one of the top jammers on the market. So 4 heads up front it is then.. I am glad I asked..

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by CND_Shelby View Post
    I thought these Blinder Extreams where one of the top jammers on the market.
    Oh, they definitely are. No doubt. But they are #3 in a class of 4, so that's not as impressive as it sounds. They are just fine for some vehicles, but they are SIGNIFICANTLY less effective than the LI, so you need twice the heads. Since there is no money saved by doing so, it just doesn't make sense.

When you spend this much money trying to save your licence, "one of the top" isn't good enough, unless you just like gambling.