Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default NYC-Dodge Charger- Need Some Help.

Thanks for reading my thread- Glad I found a forum like this.

I own a 2009 Dodge Charger [See Photos] and I've been a customer w/ NYPD highway patrol one too many times. So I'm looking to install a laser jammer in the front of my car. I'm also interested in putting one in the rear of my car but can't imagine doing it w/o doing some serious modifications to the rear- which I don't want to do. But generally in NYC I haven't noticed any Hwy Patrol shooting the rear and my V1 should pick-up scatter from vehicles infront of me- hopefully.

My first question is - Which system would you recommend for a charger? LIs are nice but $$$, Blinders are good but there is a chance of PT. NYC highways are curvy and hilly and LEOs like to sit around the corner or over the hill and most often w/ less than 1000ft target range.

I also need some help w/ positioning the heads on my car. I've attached pics w/ the front and back and I would appreciate any inputs on that.

Anyone know of a well known installer in NYC region- even NJ/CT/PA? I dont want to take the risk of F**King up the electronics in my car and I want a solid install.

Anyone in NYC/NJ/CT region who can help me test the installed Jammer? I'm not having any luck locating people w/ LIDAR guns in this region. Ofcourse I'm willing to compensate for your time.

And finally- can VEIL G4 be applied directly to the Licence Plate without adding a plastic covering - while having the same effect? NYPD LEOs don't like plastic covers at all.

Thanks again for your time. rob_124578 at ya who . c om. YES those are police package wheels and antenna minus the lights/horns- I love the way my enemies look- just dont like what they do for a living.

Those rn't my LP#s.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: NYC-Dodge Charger- Need Some Help.

Welcome to the forum and that is one bad ride but I would have block out my plate numbers. I'm sure that some on this forum will come on and give you a good suggestion on where to put the jammer but the only two choices will be the LI or Blinder.

Newcomer

Thanks. Those are not my LP numbers.

Professional

Very nice Charger...your car might attract attention because that does look like a plain unmarked Charger that police departments use, lol. I'm not a fan of white unmarked cars and they're not used much in my vicinity but I know they are used elsewhere.

I can't help you much with the jammers since I'm from PA but welcome...I don't know if you drive through PA much but in case you do, there's no LIDAR use here at all and only minimal radar use - all stationary and primarily on highways, as only PSP (Pennsylvania State Police) can use radar.

Speed Demon
    Driving in the left lane, 10 MPH below the PSL, with my turn signal on!

Pm radarrob. He is great with installs

Radar Fanatic

Nice charger! Is that a 3.5?

The Laser Interceptor (LI) seems to be the preferred jammer on the forum. It gets the best results on the spreadsheets I've seen. I still don't have one on my charger though.

Just wondering, do you have a detector? Those are important too.

Also, Welcome to the Forum!

Professional

Welcome the v1 should be good in the city LI should work elsewhere you will get solid info from most of the folks here.

Newcomer

Thank You for your replies.

Yes I have a V1- It has already paid for itself a few times. V1 picks up LIDAR scatter very well and I've rarely had any false alarms- for LIDAR not radar.The big problem w/ V1 alone is that- it only works well if there is traffic around u- when laser reflect off other cars. 3am in the morning w/ no traffic- not that great. But I'm very satisfied w/ v1.

I'm leaning towards LI but the more research I do in this - the more confused I get- read some mix reviews about LI- not the product but the company itself. Blinder is great but I'm not sure if its enough for my WHITE charger w/ LARGE SURFACE AREA- its like driving a mirror.

Also I would appreciate it if you can recommend a good installer in the city and a place to test it [i'm willing to travel as far as NY/NJ/CT/PA].

Thank You.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by glock4348 View Post
    Thank You for your replies.

Yes I have a V1- It has already paid for itself a few times. V1 picks up LIDAR scatter very well and I've rarely had any false alarms- for LIDAR not radar.The big problem w/ V1 alone is that- it only works well if there is traffic around u- when laser reflect off other cars. 3am in the morning w/ no traffic- not that great. But I'm very satisfied w/ v1.

I'm leaning towards LI but the more research I do in this - the more confused I get- read some mix reviews about LI- not the product but the company itself. Blinder is great but I'm not sure if its enough for my WHITE charger w/ LARGE SURFACE AREA- its like driving a mirror.

Also I would appreciate it if you can recommend a good installer in the city and a place to test it [i'm willing to travel as far as NY/NJ/CT/PA].

Thank You.
    Pm radarrob. He is great with installs

Radar Fanatic

Go with LI, blinders are not powerful enough to cover that big car.

LI Quad should do you fine. if you have the money, i would put 4 heads on the front, since you have a white car. but two heads should do fine.