Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Good Citizen

Default Re: Hi from NY's Capital District

Quote Originally Posted by rmm518 View Post
    Got mine today, drove around a few hrs total today in the city of Schdy. X's like crazy but did pick up all the leo's who had ka's on, 5 outta 6 or so. Happy I chose a V1 and love the arrows.
    haha lets meet up and we will put your v1 against my redline. i am thinking of returning the redline and going to the V1.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by 4ringz4life View Post
    I drive in these exact same areas, i am a fellow schenectady resident. But i frequently make trips to boston and vermont too. Anyways, in terms of red light cameras i haven't heard much from the people i know. However, i don't know about speed cams. I believe our massive police force does not want these to take over their favorite and most time consuming part of work.
    You'll only encounter red light cameras in NY (Buffalo, NYC, Rochester and Syracuse) and then in Rhode Island (Providence) The rest of the northeast region east of NY has no RLCs

Radar Fanatic

Got mine today, drove around a few hrs total today in the city of Schdy. X's like crazy but did pick up all the leo's who had ka's on, 5 outta 6 or so. Happy I chose a V1 and love the arrows.
    turn x off!

Newcomer

Yep logic mode ftw in my city haha. and polecat pm me if you want

Good Citizen

Yep logic mode ftw in my city haha. and polecat pm me if you want
    hows ur v1? recover from ur surg?

Newcomer

V1 is great. Schdy police have their radars on less than half of the time so locating in my city is limited. Other than that's it's excellent.

Did you switch to a V1?

I'm waiting for it to get a little warmer out to hardwire.
    Last edited by rmm518; 02-13-2011 at 09:49 PM.

Newcomer

Sweet pullover that I witnessed earlier today: fyi didn't have my V1 powered on during this.. Was on 787 by Everett exit in Albany, a chick in a silver prelude went flying by me in the fast lane, she had to be going at least 85-90 (it's a 55 highway). Shortly after, a black car went flying after her, I thought it was just somebody following her flow, but a quarter mile down, saw him hit the lightbar. I was busy looking in his windows as he went by me to see if it was a leo, so I missed what kinda car it was. I usually know EVERY cars' make and model in a split second, but this got my blood pumping and happenned so fast that I guess I missed it! I've been going crazy trying to think what kinda car it was, but it was definately something extremely outta the ordinary to be a leo. Been browsing online and i'm pretty sure it had to be a Pontiac G8, if not then it was something extremely similar First thought it was a Malibu, but i'm going with a G8 now. It was the most well disguised unmarked leo i've ever seen (that I knew was a leo). No tint, couldn't see any lightbars in the windows, civ plates, regular stock wheels, only a tiny tiny antenna in the trunk and that's it. I didn't know it was a leo until he hit the lights. Just wish i had my V1 running to see if he was putting out any radar/laser.

Good Citizen

glad to see another member from the capital region! From what I've heard the V1 is a fine detector, maximum range and quicker reaction times to QT. It might be a little over kill (IMHO) last night, with my used $145 RX65, I got 2.5mi of range on a LEO shooting I/O with a Ka Stalker Dual on alternate route 7. He was pointed east, ontop of the hill just before the intersection with 87.

Albany has an aweful lot of speed enforcement, a lot more then I have seen in other cities I have driven anyways. You will see mostly C/O Ka (~80&#37 with about 10% I/O Ka and 10% laser. There are a few K units out there, but I have never come across X. That is why I have turned X off. You will come across laser on 87 and 90, that is why I recommend a laser jammer next.

Power User

Nice story rmm. Too bad you couldn't get it on vid.

Newcomer

true that rob.

yeah that's one thing with the iphone, i wish there was a quicker way to get right to the camera on it.