Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello From AK

Newcomer

Default Hello From AK

Hi everyone,

Im Phil from Alaska and just purchased a 9500ci and some Veil to help protect my supercharged 2008 Mustang GT. I also own a 1973 Camaro RS drag car shown here that is over 1000 hp and is raced at are local track May thru Sept. I joined today to get some help in the tech forums on placement ideas for the new 9500 that i will ask about in another thread. Here are a couple pics of the toys, enjoy!

Default Re: Hello From AK

Are you guys allowed to use transbrakes in MOD up there?

Power User

Last edited by v1user; 09-20-2011 at 10:16 PM.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic View Post
    Are you guys allowed to use transbrakes in MOD up there?
    Yes, Transbrake is allowed.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by v1user View Post
    Welcome to the forum. AK is a place that we don't get too many members from and I only know of one active member from there (Holla). Have you received the 9500ci and Veil yet?
    I just placed the order yesterday and is currently in transit, i have also ordered a diffrent grill for the car that moves the fog lights to the middle. I plan to install next weekend.

Professional

Welcome! Does your Mustang stand out when driving around up there? In the few times I went up there the majority of the cars were older, I saw very few vehicles that I could say were 2004 or newer. Most seemed to be from the late 80s and 90s.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by krypton2 View Post
    Welcome! Does your Mustang stand out when driving around up there? In the few times I went up there the majority of the cars were older, I saw very few vehicles that I could say were 2004 or newer. Most seemed to be from the late 80s and 90s.
    Not sure how long its been sense you have visited or what part of the state but we are loaded with new cars/trucks like anywhere else in the lower 48. New Camaros/stangs/challangers/vettes are all over the place in the summer months.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by hirevn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by krypton2 View Post
    Not sure how long its been sense you have visited or what part of the state but we are loaded with new cars/trucks like anywhere else in the lower 48. New Camaros/stangs/challangers/vettes are all over the place in the summer months.
    Hmm, I see. I was in a few different areas - east-central up near Fairbanks and south-east down in the Sitka area. It was a few years ago, not too long. I saw a few newer vehicles but from what I remember a lot seemed to be pre-2000 models.

I also wasn't up there during the summer, that might have something to do with it. Very interesting though...thanks

Power User

I was stationed up there from 1998-2002, and was by far my favorite home station.

Welcome to our most excellent site

Advanced Member

Welcome to the club.

No LEO will ever notice those cars - you'll just blend into the noise of traffic....

2010 Honda Civic Sedan
    Cobra 19 DX IV CB
    Wilson Lil Wil
    Uniden BCT15X Scanner
    Garmin Nuvi 1300
    Saves: More than I can count