Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from WI

Default Hi from WI

Hello everyone. I really appreciate all the info found here.

Professional

Default Re: Hi from WI

Welcome to the forum! What part of WI are you from. Watch out for I/O K band and Laser! WI State Patrol's favorite!

Radar Fanatic

bot

Quote Originally Posted by gilberto814 View Post
    Welcome to the forum! What part of WI are you from. Watch out for I/O K band and Laser! WI State Patrol's favorite!
    I'm up in the north woods in the town of Shell Lake. I used to always run a radar detector but haven't done it for 3 or 4 years. That changed back in Janruary of this year, I was issued a ticket for 70 in a 55 on my way to my brand new job. It was snowing hard and the road was really bad, my truck with bald tires won't do 70 in those conditions without swapping ends. I had plenty of time to get there and no reason at all for dangerous speeding. I came over a very low hill and saw him shooting radar from a diagonal crossroad which faces the highway 1/2 mile away directly in line with a series of 2 more hills behind me, as a matter of habit I checked my speed and continued past, as I apporached his position he pulled up to the highway and flashed his blues. I was thinking to myself "I wonder who he is going after" imagine my supprise when he pulled up behind me. I am currently building the most comphresensive defense I can to show that he was actually picking up a semi truck on the hill behind me and also that he was incorrectly operating the unit. He was also shooting through a very narrow field of view where he was parked with a large snow bank obscuring vision (and radar) of traffic out to about 500 feet, and high tension power lines on one side of the road and a mile long game fence on the other providing a nifty wave guide. In my request for discovery I asked for the standard things, but have been denied the Decatur Genesis II user manual. The manufacturer has not replied to my requests either and I cannot find one anywhere. Does anyone here have a link or source for this item? One of the supprising things which was supplied per my request was a copy of the dash-cam video. However the video starts as I'm halfway down the hill and the first 30 seconds of audio is muted. The sound only kicks in as he pulls out on to the highway and then all you can hear is the radio blaring away on some sports talk show. Whether he was using doppler tone or a speed alert is impossible to hear, as well as whatever he said to himself when he thought that he'd caught a "live one".

So once again, if anyone can dirrect me to a user manual for the Genesis II, I'd really appreaciate it. The SN is G2-10195 if that makes any difference.

Radar Fanatic

Welcome

Speed Demon

welcome to the forum.

Advanced Member

Welcome to Club Radar.

2010 Honda Civic Sedan
    Cobra 19 DX IV CB
    Wilson Lil Wil
    Uniden BCT15X Scanner
    Garmin Nuvi 1300
    Saves: More than I can count

Power User

Welcome fellow Wisconsinite! Sorry to hear about the ticket. Don't forget to ask for calibration of the radar gun and training of the officer on the use of that gun.

Welcome. Lot's of great info on board fellow Wisconsinite!

Professional

Last edited by speeddemon; 09-20-2011 at 11:30 PM.