Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to this.

Default New to this.

Hello everyone . After getting pulled over and being told I could be facing a 900$ ticket I bought a 9500IX from radarbusters and so far everything has been perfect. I mostly use it on my motorcycle (BMW S1000RR) but will use it in my truck when I drive it. I have noticed I get some laser alerts and only one that I know of might have been false. I think my next toy will be TPX Motorcycle Laser Jammer. Looking to learn as much as I can to get the most out of these things.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: New to this.

$900 ticket you must have been rolling pretty good. If you are going to be driving 15 mph over the limit you might want to look into a Redline. The IX has a M4 horn and the Redline has a M3 horn. There is quite a bit of difference in range between the two. Welcome to the forum!

Thank you milman but I chose the IX becouse 95 percent of my riding is in the city (las Vegas) and we have very little open rodes. Once I get the jammer I might get the redline for when I go out of town.

Speed Demon

Welcome to the forum. The 9500ix is a good unit and is very comfortable in the city.
    Enjoy your new purchase.

Power User

See this thread, it will give you a rough Idea where your RD stands>>>>>>>>http://www.guysoflidar.com/radar-det...rld-tests.html

Welcome to our most excellent site.

Radar Fanatic

Welcome to the forum.

Professional

Last edited by speeddemon; 09-20-2011 at 11:20 PM.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by XXXS1000RR View Post
    I think my next toy will be TPX Motorcycle Laser Jammer.
    Over priced Blinder head. Get a Laser Interceptor dual to be bullet proof.

Advanced Member

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your purchase.
    Outside Independence Hall when the Constitutional Convention of 1787 ended, Mrs. Powel of Philadelphia asked Benjamin Franklin, "Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?" With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded, "A republic, if you can keep it."

-V1 3.872 (1.3 Mi. C/O Ka pointed away from me. 3.6 Mi. C/O K)-Bel RX65 New Backup (4.1 Mi. C/O Ka 35.494 Ghz, light traffic) -Laser Interceptor Gen-8 Dual (No saves yet ) -Bel 980. -Galaxy DX 959 with a peak and tune.
    -Wilson Lil' Wil antennae. -Whistler 1585. -Whistler 1430. -Passort 3200 w/ 1000 laser detector (got stolen, bought one off ebay for nostalga).
    -Cobra Trapshooter RD-31XX? (Can't remember silver/teardrop shape X, K only). -Cobra Trapshooter RD-3110 (my first RD in 1987, when Cobras were good, bought one off ebay for nostalga new in the box). -Kustom HAWK. -Kustom Falcon cordless K Band. -Kustom Talon.

Radar Fanatic

Welcome to the forum.