Thread: New here!!

Default New here!!

I am new for using a radar, new to this forum. This was the first radar I've ever bought because I didn't really care getting a ticket before. I usually just paid for the tickets and did my traffic school (typical Chinese, huh?). Yet, it seems that the CA police knows about that too. They kind of spot on Chinese drivers, and set up traps in Chinese area. So, I guess it's about time for me to invest some money and hopefully I can stay away from them.

I recently purchased a used V1 and I started having some concerns with it. That's how I came across with this forum. I don't know if I had mounted the V1 correctly, but it goes off when I go by the automatic doors and speed reading road signs. So I guess those are normal. But the V1 doesn't seem responsive to the police cars. The CHP was right next to me and cut in front of me on the freeway yesterday and my V1 didn't go off at all. And there were a couple times the police car was in the opposite side of the road and it didn't go off as well. I am started to worry about I am getting a defective radar. Anyone here experienced with this? Thanks and happy 4th of July.

Professional

Default Re: New here!!

Read up. All of your questions have been answered here already. Plus, I doubt the fact that you're Chinese has anything to do with you being pulled over. LOL

Radar Fanatic

Isn't there a Radar 101 thread here somewhere? If not, it's needed!

Advanced Member

Welcome to the forum! Do some reading, a lot of it. All your questions have been answered. There is a ton of info. on here. After reading, then if you have questions, by all means, ask.
    Outside Independence Hall when the Constitutional Convention of 1787 ended, Mrs. Powel of Philadelphia asked Benjamin Franklin, "Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?" With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded, "A republic, if you can keep it."

-V1 3.872 (1.3 Mi. C/O Ka pointed away from me. 3.6 Mi. C/O K)-Bel RX65 New Backup (4.1 Mi. C/O Ka 35.494 Ghz, light traffic) -Laser Interceptor Gen-8 Dual (No saves yet ) -Bel 980. -Galaxy DX 959 with a peak and tune.
    -Wilson Lil' Wil antennae. -Whistler 1585. -Whistler 1430. -Passort 3200 w/ 1000 laser detector (got stolen, bought one off ebay for nostalga).
    -Cobra Trapshooter RD-31XX? (Can't remember silver/teardrop shape X, K only). -Cobra Trapshooter RD-3110 (my first RD in 1987, when Cobras were good, bought one off ebay for nostalga new in the box). -Kustom HAWK. -Kustom Falcon cordless K Band. -Kustom Talon.

Speed Demon

Welcome to the forum.
    Your V1 is a Radar detector and it will detect radar. Not all police have radar in their cars or if they do, they are not always running it. So if you see a police car, the V1 will not necessarily alert you. I generally recommend that if you buy a V1 used, send it in to Valentine for a tune up just to be sure it is working correctly. It's generally about $40 if you bought it used (when you buy new from Valentine they usually tune it up for free). Read up and learn, lots of good information on the forum.

Radar Fanatic

welcome

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyinNJ View Post
    Read up. All of your questions have been answered here already. Plus, I doubt the fact that you're Chinese has anything to do with you being pulled over. LOL
    True that, revenue collectors are "Color Blind" when it comes to collecting LOL

Welcome to our most excellent forum

Professional

Last edited by speeddemon; 09-20-2011 at 11:17 PM.

Radar Fanatic

Welcome to the forum.

RadarBusters Associate

welcome to the forum, glad to have you here.