Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default 2005 M3: buying STiR & LI Dual from Cliff (aka, the man). No excuses placement advice

Like the title says, purchasing and installing the STiR (previous 9500ci owner) and LI Dual (non-HP) on my 05 M3. I've been over 100's of posts, pictures, place here, place there, cut this, cut that. . .cortex overload. So, my question is this: Best mounting of both radar & LI heads, even if it means cutting, removing body pieces (cars, not mine), and having custom brackets fabricated? Cliff - if you read this: are the non-HP's sufficient for the M3 or am I wasting $/time, and simply need to get the HP's (or is my non-countermeasure skilled self thinking too much)?

Thanks, in advance, for you guys' input/suggestions.

Default Re: 2005 M3: buying STiR & LI Dual from Cliff (aka, the man). No excuses placement ad

You should not need to either cut anything nor do you need the HP Laser Interceptor. I do recommend purchasing the $12.00 optional front sensor mounting brackets however. See attached PICS.

The STi-R Plus RADAR Receiver should be mounted behind the grill being sure the label is facing up and the arrow is pointed forward as per the STi-R Plus Installation Manual.

Cliff
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lead Foot

Default Re: 2005 M3: buying STiR & LI Dual from Cliff (aka, the man). No excuses placement ad

Quote Originally Posted by Laser-InterceptorUSA View Post
    You should not need to either cut anything nor do you need the HP Laser Interceptor. I do recommend purchasing the $12.00 optional front sensor mounting brackets however. See attached PICS.

The STi-R Plus RADAR Receiver should be mounted behind the grill being sure the label is facing up and the arrow is pointed forward as per the STi-R Plus Installation Manual.

Cliff
    Behind the gril??

Last edited by Laser-InterceptorUSA; 04-21-2012 at 11:43 AM.

Newcomer

Cliff
    Hey Cliff. What do these optional brackets allow for that you cannot do with the standard brackets that are provided?
    Also, the heads dont appear to be perfectly parallel to the grill in the attached photos. Is that acceptable?

Yes, with the Vertical install, they allow for better positioning of the Sensors and NOT as seen on that install that did not make use of the Optional Brackets.

Cliff

Newcomer

Yes, with the Vertical install, they allow for better positioning of the Sensors and NOT as seen on that install that did not make use of the Optional Brackets.

Cliff
    Okay, would you need two of these brackets or just one...for both heads?

Two brackets, one for each Sensor. They are sold in pairs.

Cliff

Newcomer

Two brackets, one for each Sensor. They are sold in pairs.

Cliff
    Thanks...shot you an email

Newcomer

Cliff - sounds great and thx for the reinforcement, lol. I'll take the brackets and can u add the optional PJSW as well in a new invoice? Much appreciated,

Shane