Question Just bought Whistler XTR-695SE

Hey everyone i just got the 695 se and i love it so far. But i just have some questions. I live in Paramus, NJ so i dont know which mode to keep my rd on. What is the difference between highway mode, city mode, city 1 mode, and city 2 mode. Should i keep all of the bands on all of the time? If you guys wouldn't mind i'll appriciate any general knowledge for this rd.

Thanks Everyone for your help!

Advanced Member

Default Re: Just bought Whistler XTR-695SE

Welcome! Someone might check in here and answer but repost your question in the Whistler section where those guys hang out to be sure. The local info/town/radar/lidar/section/thread gives what radar/lidar is used in your area.....

Hey North Alabama thanks for the help but i dont know what the local info/town/radar/lidar/section/thread is or where to get to it.

Thanks

Advanced Member

I will look up your town in the local section and see what is used in your area, 1st thread, radar in town, etc.. As far as settings, the city will reduce X band and K band to some degree. I'll try to look it up.

Advanced Member

Bergen county X and Ka, Paramus Ka and Laser. Go to the Local and Regional Section, first thread, radar by town, then click on see list here, NJ is on the list..
    Last edited by North Alabama; 12-27-2012 at 11:14 PM.

Advanced Member

Go to Whistler on the web, USA, detector manuals, 695SE, download manual. City- beeps 2 times then quite on weak signal until strong. C1- X band at low volume? C2- X band off.....
    Last edited by North Alabama; 12-27-2012 at 11:39 PM.

Advanced Member

I would stay in the highway mode and mute the volume for acknowledgement to keep the unit at a low volume so it will not get on your nerves because X band is a major threat for you untill you learn the unit good... K band maybe rare but is used by the state, so you might can ignore it more for it is mostly the band where door openers are. Don't ignore X band! Ka is normally real radar. Lidar- oh crap! Learn your bands in your area....
    Last edited by North Alabama; 12-28-2012 at 12:12 AM.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by metrostar1kid View Post
    Hey everyone i just got the 695 se and i love it so far. But i just have some questions. I live in Paramus, NJ so i dont know which mode to keep my rd on. What is the difference between highway mode, city mode, city 1 mode, and city 2 mode. Should i keep all of the bands on all of the time? If you guys wouldn't mind i'll appriciate any general knowledge for this rd.

Thanks Everyone for your help!
    Just be aware that these detectors confuse x band for k so I advise you run with x band on as this helps. Enjoy your new prize.

being your from NJ You will anyway I bet.
    Last edited by Buckdarma; 12-28-2012 at 11:30 AM.