Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Beltronics RX65 Pro user-caught "on camera of a stationary police cruiser in PA"

Dear Krypton 2 - thank you for your input. Yes- I have received a traffic citation -charge: OBEDIENCE TO TRAFFIC_CONTROL DEVICES-section 3111 - the police officer told me that he gave me the lowest fine($111) he can give me due to the fact that my record was clean. As mentined before my K-band was turned OFF, Ka , instant-on and Laser were ON. I have turned my K band off after 2-3 years of driving with K-band on due to all being false alarms. I guess is time to turn that K band ON again. The police car did not followed me was and instant-on like situation. I go up a hill and on top of the hill and slightly in a curve I see the police car facing me. I knew he got me but I was surprised that my radar detector was silent. On my citation the following boxes are empty: Actual Speed, Allowed Speed,Speed Timing Device Operator, Miles Followed, Miles Timed, Speed detection Type, Station Equip. Tested, Date Equip. Tested, Speed Equip. Serial No.=all empty. The only boxes marked are: Special Activity=NONE, Stpped By: MARKED, Observed By: MARKED, Remarks: 90 IN 65 ZONE Your input is welcome!!! Thank you all!

Lead Foot

Default Re: Beltronics RX65 Pro user-caught "on camera of a stationary police cruiser in PA"

Sorry to heat about the ticket - very likely a K-band gun. The camera portion sounds like a load of BS though...

Professional

It does sound like k-band radar. I really doubt VASCAR/ENRADD or any similar device would be used on a 65-mph road.

The officer is also correct in saying that a 3111a ($111 total fine) is the lowest fine he can give for this violation. This citation also does not have any points associated with it. The reason that none of the speed boxes are filled out is because a 3111a is a "general" traffic law violation citation rather than a speeding ticket. You can get a 3111a for running a red light, blowing through a stop sign, speeding, driving on the wrong side of the road, etc. etc.