Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Beltronics RX65 Pro user-caught "on camera of a stationary police cruiser in PA"

Hello ! I am very happy Beltronics RX65 Pro -radar (Ka) and laser detector user. Been allover america and never got caught by a cop because I always been warned by my trusted device. One day I was driving fast in Central PA and got face to face with a police cruiser hiding behind a hill in the woods. He immediately followed and stopped me letting me know that he " got me speeding on the camera whyle I was doing 90 mph in a 65 mph zone". Is there such thing as camera speed detecting in a police cruiser these days???? cause if there is we're all screwed.... My huch is that even if they can detect your speed with a police cruiser camera they can't prove it in court ....but those from out of state have no time to argue in court and this way they generate revenue. Can anybody clarify this for us? Can a stationary police cruiser detect your speed without using radar or laser? Thank you all and try to never get caught!

Speed Demon

Default Re: Beltronics RX65 Pro user-caught "on camera of a stationary police cruiser in PA"

Quote Originally Posted by fastryder View Post
    Hello ! I am very happy Beltronics RX65 Pro -radar (Ka) and laser detector user. Been allover america and never got caught by a cop because I always been warned by my trusted device. One day I was driving fast in Central PA and got face to face with a police cruiser hiding behind a hill in the woods. He immediately followed and stopped me letting me know that he " got me speeding on the camera whyle I was doing 90 mph in a 65 mph zone". Is there such thing as camera speed detecting in a police cruiser these days???? cause if there is we're all screwed.... My huch is that even if they can detect your speed with a police cruiser camera they can't prove it in court ....but those from out of state have no time to argue in court and this way they generate revenue. Can anybody clarify this for us? Can a stationary police cruiser detect your speed without using radar or laser? Thank you all and try to never get caught!
    good question.

Camera based speeding systems are possible but in this case very doubtful.

He got you on his radar which was probably well off tune to what your detector can see and taped you on his video dash camera system which displays the speed you were doing in the videos.

out of tune radars are DEADLY

more people want to run their detectors in certain bands to avoid false-es which isn't a good idea whatsoever

This also may have been a newer vascar system that displays your speed in a dash cam video

http://www.vascarplus.com/Pages/How_it_works.htm
    Last edited by Buckdarma; 01-21-2013 at 10:02 PM.

Advanced Member

Default Re: Beltronics RX65 Pro user-caught "on camera of a stationary police cruiser in PA"

Welcome! It is called ENRADD. Look it up on the web and see how it works. Leo sets it out and monitors it up to 2000 ft away (wireless). PA is famous for this. The word camera could be that he video taped you speeding or just calling ENRADD a camera, which it is not, just trip sensors set across the road by the LEO....

Advanced Member

OP, you might look at Trapster (it is free) on the web for it might show you where the most popular locations that the Leos like to setup these sensors for other members will log those locations for you to see......

It is true that I have set my radar detector to Ka band with instant-on and took out K and X bands because of false alarms. K and X bands are no longer used for speed detection by the police. I still think he got me somehow on tape...maybe VASCAR.If it was VASCAR then how can we detect that ??? Does anybody detected any Radar activity recently in Central PA on the I-80 near Mackeyville PA. Any forum members that got caught in the same area on I-80 and having more info on the speed detection method used by cops in the area? We need to figure out the exact method so we can detect it somehow before it is too late. I have signed up for Trapster -very cool site , thank you for the tip. Thank you all again for your reply! Drive fast but stay safe!
    Last edited by fastryder; 01-23-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Professional

Did you receive a citation? If so, box 25 should have checkboxes that list different speed timing devices. Which one is checked?

ENRADD, VASCAR, and any other speed timing device that a municipal police officer (any police officer in Pennsylvania other than the Pennsylvania State Police) uses to time vehicles would not be detected using a radar detector. All of these use variations of timing over a specific, known length (using the formula speed = distance/time) and do not use any sort of radar or laser beam.

There is no camera-based speed timing device currently approved for use in Pennsylvania. Either the officer was recording the speeds using a dashcam, or else he is using the term "camera" when he really means something else. He could have paced you too, and used the speed on the dashcam (which is connected to the certified speedometer) to time you, in which case he would have identified the speed via the dashcam...but this would have required that he follow you for a period of time to pace your vehicle.

There are some camera-based radar and LIDAR guns, but none are approved for use in PA -- and they are generally way too expensive for police departments in Pennsylvania to consider purchasing when they know they cannot use them.

Speed Demon

When did PSP stop using K band?

Quote Originally Posted by fastryder View Post
    It is true that I have set my radar detector to Ka band with instant-on and took out K and X bands because of false alarms. K and X bands are no longer used for speed detection by the police. I still think he got me somehow on tape...maybe VASCAR.If it was VASCAR then how can we detect that ??? Does anybody detected any Radar activity recently in Central PA on the I-80 near Mackeyville PA. Any forum members that got caught in the same area on I-80 and having more info on the speed detection method used by cops in the area? We need to figure out the exact method so we can detect it somehow before it is too late. I have signed up for Trapster -very cool site , thank you for the tip. Thank you all again for your reply! Drive fast but stay safe!

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by midd View Post
    When did PSP stop using K band?
    K-band is still widely used in Pennsylvania.

Speed Demon

I thought so. But fast ryder said he turned K off? I'm wondering if that's how he got the ticket?

Advanced Member

[QUOTE=fastryder;904296].......It is true that I have set my radar detector to Ka band with instant-on and took out K and X bands because of false alarms. K and X bands are no longer used for speed detection by the police......QUOTE]

X3. What the heck? PA uses mostly K band with more Ka in the future. Where did the op get this info that no K band is used? Any out-of-tune radar (if not normal it would be an ATR Stalker) has never been reported that I have ever seen. Road signs drift, who cares. A normal RD will pickup any normal freqs on or off freq, no one is in danger....