Default New Guy with a V1

Have a V1 thats a few years old, probably circa 2008 or 2009 given to me by my dad since he just never uses it.

I hardwired into my 328i and mounted just above mirror on drivers side.

Don't know if I should upgrade it or not.
    I have 3.863 according to the unit's programming mode on V1.8.A-POP2 with Euro Mode (according to Valentine's site)

Thanks!

Default Re: New Guy with a V1

Welcome to the forum. If you go to Valentine web site and record the serial number they will tell you the cost for upgrade. If you are interested in upgrading to the 3.94 an add the BT dongle $49 you will be able t get a new level of performance superior to what you have now. I upgraded, added BT/android dongle and YaV1 app and have been amazed at what an absolute beast it has made it. Spend the money it's worth it. Read Veil Guys review, watch some videos by travel cam (Quite down the V1) to understand what can be done if you upgrade.

Valentine currently wants $199 to upgrade my unit. "Upgrade to V1.85 w/ESP, Improved Euro Mode, Traffic Monitor Filter and Junk-K Fighter".

Thanks for the tip on YaV!1. Is there an iOS version? I didn't see it on the App store when I looked.
    If there's not a good iOS app I'm not sure that it's worth it to me if i can't get the phone-based features.

I also don't really have an extra $200-250 to toss around at the moment. If it will improve detection, then maybe its worth it. If it will only improve the detection of false alarms, which seems at a basic level, like that it nets me without any phone stuff then I don't think I'd do it.

The Iphone does not offer YaV1 app but there is V1 connect and a paid version that offer some help. TMF2 the "Junk Fighter" in 3.894 does cut out a lot of the new car warning systems but a lot of the members here use a dedicated android phone no contract with YaV1 just because it offer so much more information and K band gps lockouts. It also has Savvy emulation which allows no alarms under a certain speeds. Custom Sweeps provided with the BT dongle is the path for improved detection.

One save is your cost for all of this programmability and increase in detection. I felt the same way (damn $250) but now roll with a quieter more sensitive defense system and no regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownOut View Post
    The Iphone does not offer YaV1 app but there is V1 connect and a paid version that offer some help. TMF2 the "Junk Fighter" in 3.894 does cut out a lot of the new car warning systems but a lot of the members here use a dedicated android phone no contract with YaV1 just because it offer so much more information and K band gps lockouts. It also has Savvy emulation which allows no alarms under a certain speeds. Custom Sweeps provided with the BT dongle is the path for improved detection.

One save is your cost for all of this programmability and increase in detection. I felt the same way (damn $250) but now roll with a quieter more sensitive defense system and no regrets.
    Good info. I'll consider it. I mostly drive 20 mins each way to/from work here in the Bay Area so I'm not THAT concerned about falses as I know the roads pretty well. its the longer road trips I'll take on occasion that I want to make sure I'm protected well. It's definitely saved me already...and definitely regretted it when I forgot to take it with me in my wife's car a few weeks ago because I got popped. Hence why I'm looking into what upgrades can do for me if I were to do them