Lightbulb Good Evening from California near San Luis Obispo

Hello to everyone. I'm an older guy who uses Valentine Ones. I have 3 in various stages of upgrades. I'm getting ready to travel with one of them.
    I'm going to be in Ireland during part of June, so I've been reading the forums, particularly as they relate to radar in Ireland (Eire). It looks pretty
    intense. Only similar experience I've had is down in Arizona with radar vans. Guilty till proven innocent in court, and hiding in private driveways
    and the like in Scottsdale. The V1s were generally effective, but your warning time was very short. I'm thinking Ireland is probably the same drag
    with even less latitude than here in California. CHP here is using Ka for the most part locally, but have been testing hand held lasers intermittently
    at the bottom of the Cuesta Grade when entering San Luis Obispo on route 101.

If there are folks in the forums that can help me with the Irish questions, I'd really appreciate them chiming in. One of my units has the latest upgrades,
    so I know I can switch it to Euro Mode. I'm wondering about Irish customs at the airport in Dublin, and whether you're even allowed to use them in Eire.
    I also see that generally a vertical mount is best. I've been trying to find one of those and so far, no luck.

Look forward to contributing to the forums, and in advance, thanks for all your help.

Ed.

Advanced Member

Default Re: Good Evening from California near San Luis Obispo

You were reading my mind IM. I was wondering how you fly abroad with a radar detector in your stash. I'm bettin' the customs officials would think it was "something other than a rdd?" Your best bet is surf the intertubes from Ireland for a rdd and see what comes up. That seller won't likely sell you one that won't work there. I'd even buy it in Ireland and house it there for future use.

Kmeleon