Default Hello from Kansas

Hi everyone. I'm just trying to find some helpful info on how to fight a "moving radar" speeding ticket that I received when I know I wasn't speeding. So I'm going to search the forum for this topic. Just wanted to introduce myself and say HI!
    SusanD

Good Citizen

Default Re: Hello from Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by SusanD215 View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm just trying to find some helpful info on how to fight a "moving radar" speeding ticket that I received when I know I wasn't speeding. So I'm going to search the forum for this topic. Just wanted to introduce myself and say HI!
    SusanD
    Welcome Susan. I've posted one or two things in here on that. My experience is you'll need to show either the gun or the operator was in error at the time. Some other things to consider are the time of day, road conditions, posted speed vs what showed up on the ticket, how over the limit you were. I've known other's getting nabbed 5 over, but the sun was out, the horizon was clear, the roads were dry, and just those few things a judge can consider. The whole thing in the end is a "he said, she said." Technology is not perfect, and neither are humans. I'd probably begin there.

Kmeleon

Good Citizen

Smile Re: Hello from Kansas

[QUOTE=Kmeleon;915738]
    Quote Originally Posted by SusanD215 View Post
    SusanD
    Welcome Susan. I've posted one or two things in here on that. My experience is you'll need to show either the gun or the operator was in error at the time. Some other things to consider are the time of day, road conditions, posted speed vs what showed up on the ticket, how over the limit you were. I've known other's getting nabbed 5 over, but the sun was out, the horizon was clear, the roads were dry, and just those few things a judge can consider. The whole thing in the end is a "he said, she said." Technology is not perfect, and neither are humans. I'd probably begin there.

After a little homework I've learned new vehicles track your speed and location constantly. It's stored in the cloud by various car makers options/warranty. My 18 Camaro knows my exact location, the road speed, and my exact speed, including tire pressure in all 4. Your "golden rod" here is to get those logs your car sent to satellite and you'll be a winner! I'd start with OnStar first 1-888-466-7827.

Good luck!

Kmeleon