Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer
    No matter where you go, thats where you are!

Default The Laser Interceptor Story?

Reading GOL results and a couple of the threads on this prototype now has me wanting to know more about this.

Is this the same Ivan that was part of that whole Antilaser breakup? If it is wasn't he going to sell a LED based jammer? What is the back story here?

The prototype looks like it is a diode base jammer. Is that correct? Has anyone pulled apart one to see what kind of quality components and workmanship we are talking about?

It appears that people are starting to report issues with some of the other products that have been all the rage for the past 6 mths to a year. Any idea of the manufacturing ability that LI has and if quality and durability over the long haul will be an issue?

So far it sounds like LI is going to deliver what everyone else has been talking about for over a year. Pretty amazing really. I want to hear more about the specifics of this company and product. Of course this is a prototype, but it would be helpful to understand where this company and product came from. Thanks.

Longsnowsm

Advanced Member

The LI has two diodes per head one mounted horizontally and the other vetically for a much larger dispersion.

He was part of of the Anti-Laser Team and 60% of the brain in the AL team.

His previous model was using LEDs and Diode, I believe.

No one has pulled apart the unit to see the compnents and to pull a unit apart is alot harder than some people believe. I would like to hope his quality is good. From what i saw of the heads and control box the build quaility seemed to be quite good.

Durability of the new units have to be tested, by owners.

As for more information on the product they are working on a better website for us to browe in the near future. Also look around this forum alittle and you will be comments on certain aspects of this jammer

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Newcomer

Talk about rising from the ashes... If Ivan manages to get this product to market and it looks well built and reliable he could change the entire landscape of the marketplace.

Pretty amazing really. When all of that AL/LPP and Drive Smart garbage was going on I pretty much blew Ivan and his claims off... Shame on me.

Thanks for the feedback Rob.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    That's according to Ivan. I'm not saying that it's not possibly true (I really don't know), but that is where we heard that from.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by stealthJamal
    That's according to Ivan. I'm not saying that it's not possibly true (I really don't know), but that is where we heard that from.
    AFAIK wasn't Laser Interceptor Ivan's project well before AL?

Founder of Stealthvation

Quote Originally Posted by stealthJamal
    Yeah but one thing for sure that we know it is not a clone and seems to be original work which is very important to me. This shows me that he can handle new laser guns when they arise.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Yeah but one thing for sure that we know it is not a clone and seems to be original work which is very important to me. This shows me that he can handle new laser guns when they arise.
    Well, hell you saw how he got massive punchthroughs on the Stalker and then 30 min later JTG

Founder of Stealthvation

Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Well, hell you saw how he got massive punchthroughs on the Stalker and then 30 min later JTG
    Yup. I hope they stay honest though unlike other manufacturers.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Newcomer

The thing is with this type of setup LI will need to setup a software versioning system so that the consumer will know what guns are effectively jammed and covered with a specific software release when they download and install it.

And of course GOL and consumers will need to keep testing so that we know we can "trust, but verify" that the jammer and release are working as designed.

Does LI already have a download method and setup for these types of updates? Is this all new to LI also or does this already exist?

Lead Foot

The LI has two diodes per head one mounted horizontally and the other vetically for a much larger dispersion.
    This sounds as if it would not matter if the heads were mounted horizontally or vertically? I was thinking about maybe putting two heads in the grill of the Jeep, but of course the slots are vertical. Would it matter?