Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Lead Foot

Default Something fishy?

Okay folks. Here's one for those who are not involved in trying to flog something on this board.

1. New jammer called "Laser Interceptor" appears at GOL in March in 2007 and has never been tested by GOL before, but apparently has been on sale in Europe.

2. A board member called ELVIS is created on May 3rd 2007

3. ELVIS is a SITE ADMIN

4. ELVIS is also the US distributor for "Laser Interceptor"

Who is "ELVIS" (apart from the King of Rock n Roll) and how does he become Admin just in time to flog a product which has just appeared, ready for sale??

Can someone please convince me that this is not very, very fishy??

And before anybody starts trying to question my independance, I am a consumer, that is all. I am also by my very nature, very suspicious and sceptical when it comes to sales tactics, and I don't miss a trick......

Advanced Member

Nothing fishy going on. The Laser Interceptor will be offered for sale in the US soon, Elvis is the US rep for Laser Interceptor and joined the forum.

As for his admin status: Roy sometimes makes product reps admins to help out on the board (if he asks and they want to). Other examples of this are The Veil Guy and BlinderDude. Other reps only moderate their specific product areas like Cheetah and NavAlert. Unfortunately, may of the larger companies (radar detectors) do not officially endorse any of their reps participating on the forum.

Advanced Member

As for statement #1 the similar things were said when the first Anti-Laser was tested :wink:. Laser Interceptor is far from new jammer company this is their 5th generation jammer. 1-3 used LEDs completely, 4th was a hybrid LEDs and Diode, and 5th is just 2 diodes

Finding out exactly who this Elivs character is easy if you did some research on this site(maybe GOL videos :wink you might just find out the connection and could make an easy assumption on why he is a site admin. The information is on the forums go find it and I am willing to bet all th information you need to make the correct assumptions was posted by one user.

Happy hunting and enjoy the hunt..

BTW I hate to be spoon fed infromation that is on the site. I gave you 2 great hints

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Founder of Stealthvation

"You ain't nothin' but a hound dog
    cryin' all the time.
    You ain't nothin' but a hound dog
    cryin' all the time.
    Well, you ain't never caught a rabbit
    and you ain't no friend of mine.

When they said you was high classed,
    well, that was just a lie.
    When they said you was high classed,
    well, that was just a lie.
    You ain't never caught a rabbit
    and you ain't no friend of mine."

RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Speed Demon

CHARLES-CHARLIE-CHARLES!How could you open this thread?!?Do you have some good arguments?Do you have some proof,to back up your speculations?I don't understand how dare you speculate like that?This is called SLANDER!!!If you are"suspicious and sceptical by nature"like you say,than:KEEP THIS TO YOURSELF!!!O.K.?

Founder of Stealthvation

What is funny is that every-time a jammer does great at our test people say we are in bed with them
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Advanced Member

Default Re: Something fishy?

Quote Originally Posted by charles charlie charles
    Who is "ELVIS" (apart from the King of Rock n Roll)
    Elvis in reality was a messed up Drug Addict that was incapable of getting his **** together and it unfortunately eventually killed him.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlame
    CHARLES-CHARLIE-CHARLES!How could you open this thread?!?Do you have some good arguments?Do you have some proof,to back up your speculations?I don't understand how dare you speculate like that?This is called SLANDER!!!If you are"suspicious and sceptical by nature"like you say,than:KEEP THIS TO YOURSELF!!!O.K.?
    Sorry Metal, but there's nothing slanderous in CCC's post. In fact, all of his points are factual. If you read his post point-by-point, you really can't dispute much of it. Being suspicious is a good thing, as we've had some less than honest people on this forum in the past.

An acceptable answer has been provided, and I hope that CCC and the rest of us can put any fears to rest.

J/

Newcomer

^+1 I agree

We all just tryin to k33p it reaalz

I agree also with CCC's comments. It seems very fishy to me and I dont like fish.