Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Speed Demon

Default Oh LI, where art thou?!

On January 19, I sent an email to the contact address for LI enquiring how to make a purchase -- I was ready to deal.

Receiving no response, on February 18th I contacted LPP and placed an order. Not just for the LPP, but the Cheetah wireless accessory kit. Obviously, I was ready to spend bucks!

There order arrived from England within a week. Still, no word back from LI. 5 weeks and counting.

After installation, I had a minor glitch requiring assistance from the Cheetah people. Send an email. Heard back within, I think it was about 2 hours. Subsequent and responsive messages were exchanged which were as helpful as they were prompt.

Still no word from LI.

Parts were sent out from Cheetah, in their on going efforts to assist me, and parts arrived promptly.

Still no word, neither prompt nor tardy from LI.

Today it is almost 3 months since I first contacted LI. Still no word.

As I reflect on this, it is true that I got what I paid for from all parties: LI, LPP and Cheetah.

From LI, I paid nothing, and got what I paid for in on-going abundance.

And I got what I paid for from LPP and Cheetah. Good products, prompt responsive service.

And they can be assured of my return business.

FWIW

Lead Foot

You wont go far wrong with LPP and Cheetah kit

As far as LI is concerned, there are numerous other sources you could have purchased from by just googling "laser interceptor."

Many of us here managed to buy one......

Old Timer

I think that the OP's intent is to offer up a message to LI - that their communications simply need to be better.

This is not only seen in the various posts here, but also even on their own Forum, where some of the recognized early-adopters of the LI product have, in final desperation, logged-on there to voice their displeasure at the lack of what is perceived to be (and what any of us would perceive to be) proper follow-up, particularly in light of the last few months' of less-than-pleasant C/S issues.

If LI promises contact (and the mere offer of a contact e-mail address, being that they are a business, implies such a promise; otherwise, only a phone, or other responded contact, should be listed), they need to follow-through.

And in light of the fact that Cheetah products are mentioned here, I believe that even as of just earlier this week, the Cheetah team is still awaiting delivery of an LI unit to them so that integration solutions can be developed. Here, again, it is something that, if I recall correctly, the LI team promised to deliver, but have yet to do so.

Brother ccc and others - y'all know that I've been here a while now, and y'all also know that I offer my opinions only as constructive criticism.

I've equally defended as well as criticized the LI and its team, as each situation presented.

I'm just trying to be fair - I'm just hoping that the LI ( product as well as business - look at its US website, now! ) will continue to improve, and that it will make its comback from the recent debacle ( it's hard to call it anything less ), and be better than ever.

Ivan and his crew have continually shown that they are willing to listen and improve - and I hope that the response to this set of complaints from Doc What, son? will be no exception.

Lead Foot

My intention was merely to point out that one email hardly constitutes an intense effort to contact.

I have no issue with anyone's opinion regarding LI and the lack of customer service. These are well documented and as many of us are aware, a great product is let down by piss poor CS. It is also very well documented that both LPP and Cheetah show others how to do it.

For me if I want something I would be willing to expend a little more energy to acquire it. In my case I used Interceptor Taiwan as out of the 3 or 4 different sources I had been in contact with, he was the most professional in dealing with everything related to my purchase, including aftercare.

Peace to all.... :wink:

Old Timer

^ Good points, indeed. That's well-put and well-reasoned, I had not thought of it that way.

Peace indeed, bruddah.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by charles charlie charles

As far as LI is concerned, there are numerous other sources you could have purchased from by just googling "laser interceptor."

I see both points, I think doc's concern was if I have to spend this much effort to buy one what if I have a problem?

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by davekr

I see both points, I think doc's concern was if I have to spend this much effort to buy one what if I have a problem?
    I think everyone knows what that would mean at the moment...

The other thing to consider is that the LI team had mainly been sellling their wares in and around Croatia and it seems they left their distributors to organise the international scene. LPP and Cheetah have both been operating globally for some time and as such are several steps ahead in terms of infrastructure to take care of CS.

My hope certainly is that soon LI has a CS setup to match its product. Only time will tell whether they achieve that.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by davekr

I think everyone knows what that would mean at the moment...

The other thing to consider is that the LI team had mainly been sellling their wares in and around Croatia and it seems they left their distributors to organise the international scene. LPP and Cheetah have both been operating globally for some time and as such are several steps ahead in terms of infrastructure to take care of CS.

My hope certainly is that soon LI has a CS setup to match its product. Only time will tell whether they achieve that.
    Nicely put CCC..... :wink:

Speed Demon

Hey guys,

I agree I could have put in more effort in. I did search them out on google to find them in the first place but could have tried several more times and ways, I suppose, but Dave's nailed it. There had already been indications of concern about LI service/follow up on the forum, and when I contacted them I guess I was hopeful that those issues had been worked out. When I didn't hear back, perhaps I jumped to conclusions... but it's my money, so I was predisposed to jumpiness.

TSi also notes my intended tone. I'm trying to give LI a bit of a ribbing, while giving LPP and Cheetah a pat on the back. One rarely hears the story about lost business that went over to the competitor, but I'm a real live genuine case. I think LI needs a bit of a ribbing, because, as I understand it, they have a fine product. We all have a stake in the success of these jammers.

Yoda of Radar

I think we all agree we wish LI's service would perform like their prototype jammer....but that remains to be seen.....Maybe when Mike V makes a stealth V1..... :?