Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default Is it just me or is LI more expensive now?

I was on the LI USA website and took a look at the price for a two head system and it is now $700. What happened? I remember that it was cheaper like three weeks ago. I remember the two head system was $650 and now is $700 and the quad head was $1175 and now is $1225. Why the price increase?

Old Timer

Default Re: Is it just me or is LI more expensive now?

Yes, I think that the price has marched upward a bit, but have you priced a Blinder M45 - adding a can of VEIL - or dual-head LPP, lately?

I think that it's still quite within reason, particularly as now we have an established point-of-contact for service, upgrades, etc., and the pricing definitively includes shipping, which was not something that was always so solid , before.

And given that now the transaction doesn't need to be in actual cash currency.....

I think I'll take the current option.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by languy99 View Post
    I was on the LI USA website and took a look at the price for a two head system and it is now $700. What happened? I remember that it was cheaper like three weeks ago. I remember the two head system was $650 and now is $700 and the quad head was $1175 and now is $1225. Why the price increase?
    That is news to me, I think it has to do with capitalism and the GOL results.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by focalcivic View Post
    That is news to me, I think it has to do with capitalism and the GOL results.
    That's what I was thinking, basically the GOL results did such a good job demonstrating the the LI works so good that they said hell lets raise prices.

Yes, I think that the price has marched upward a bit, but have you priced a Blinder M45 - adding a can of VEIL - or dual-head LPP, lately?
    Yes a 4 head blinder is $679 plus a can of veil $90 that adds up to $769. That's $456 cheaper than just the LI quad head.

the dual head LPP is $770 plus a can of veil at $90 that's $860. About $365 cheaper than the LI quad.

We are not talking about $100 difference. we are talking about multiple hundreds of dollars.

Professional

ya i talked to cliff like a week ago and it was only 650 he quoted me for a dual head

Power User

That's what I was thinking, basically the GOL results did such a good job demonstrating the the LI works so good that they said hell lets raise prices.

Yes a 4 head blinder is $679 plus a can of veil $90 that adds up to $769. That's $456 cheaper than just the LI quad head.

the dual head LPP is $770 plus a can of veil at $90 that's $860. About $365 cheaper than the LI quad.

We are not talking about $100 difference. we are talking about multiple hundreds of dollars.

I feel you get a 4 head Blinder and Veil and for most people you will be fine.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by focalcivic View Post
    I feel you get a 4 head Blinder and Veil and for most people you will be fine.
    Yeah, it comes out a few bucks cheaper that way, and I suspect the performance would be neck and neck with -- if not better than -- the LI. But, as some have noted, not everybody has room for four heads on their vehicle.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Radar Fanatic

Those prices depend on who you buy from.

Old Timer

after GOL up $50...cuz they JTG like everything duh! simple

Actually it has nothing to do with the GOL 08 results or JTG but more to do with fairness to existing LI users ($650 + $50) wishing to upgrade to a TruSpeed CPU paying the same price as new LI Users who will be receiving TruSpeed enabled LIs ($700).

Cliff - C55