Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Experienced

Default Just got my LI but 1 problem...

Wats goin on everyone. Just got my LI today and im eager to install. My only problem is i dont know how to get the wires inside the cabin. I have a 07 honda civic ex if that helps. i tried looking underneath the steering column for any hole but no luck. did the same for the passenger side. any suggestions?

Power User

Default Re: Just got my LI but 1 problem...

There should be a hole with a grommet in your firewall where all the wires is ran into the cabin.
    Maybe HappyA$$ can help you...

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by rockets713 View Post
    Wats goin on everyone. Just got my LI today and im eager to install. My only problem is i dont know how to get the wires inside the cabin. I have a 07 honda civic ex if that helps. i tried looking underneath the steering column for any hole but no luck. did the same for the passenger side. any suggestions?
    Google firewall holes for your car and some links come up.

Good Citizen

if you look under the hood on the driver's side you should be able to find the main run where all the wires enter into the cabin. They should be going into a large rubber grommet and you should be able to find the other side of this grommet from the inside of the car underneath the steering column. What most people do is put a hole in the rubber, run the wires through, and then seal the hole with silicone.

Advanced Member

Examine the firewall of your vehicle, from the engine compartment, find where the main wiring harness is, there will be a large rubber grommet there, that's your access point.

You will need a wire coat hanger, lubricant. Tape up the ends of the LI head wires, and tape that to the end of the straightened coat hanger. Pry the grommet gently with a screw driver, to make an opening so you can fed the coat hanger through there.

Ideally have someone inside car to assist pulling the wires through.

There may also be a grommet around where the steering column comes through, that can be another access point.

Good Luck.

Radar Fanatic

Maybe this will help:

The new Civic motors are pretty cramped in there, put the car on a rack, it will be easier.

Radar Fanatic

try also the passengers side, where the cpu wires go into the cabin.

Radar Fanatic

OP, did you check the vehicle's owner manual? It might have some diagrams...

Experienced

i will check the manuals tommorow as soon i as i wake up. i see a bunch of diffrent color wires coming from the engine into the cabin but its really tightly sealed. i check around it but nothing. maybe i should just pay a mechanic to do it.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by rockets713 View Post
    i will check the manuals tommorow as soon i as i wake up. i see a bunch of diffrent color wires coming from the engine into the cabin but its really tightly sealed. i check around it but nothing. maybe i should just pay a mechanic to do it.
    It's not that bad actually, I would at least give it a shot.

You can mount the box and switch yourself, and maybe the heads too and just have someone help you with the wires.