Old Timer

Default Cliff's insane level of customer-service for Laser Interceptor, USA - ANOTHER one!

Here's another pat on the back for Cliff.

Everyone here knows how well he took care of me, last time:
    http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...eptor-usa.html

So a couple of weeks ago, I start up my LI, and it gives me a "Connection to Sensor 1 Not Good" error. It was one of my front heads, both then still the v8.0, first-US-batch.

OK, no biggie, I unplug the RJ clip, blow on it a couple of times, and then re-insert it, figuring that it'd just come loose from all the hard miles I'd put on it.

Start it back up - huh, same thing.

Went out front to look at it, and I couldn't see either the parking blips during startup nor that head replying (or receiving, for that matter) to the SpeedLab Laser Tester. Switching the jack to other ports show consistent warnings out to that specific head.

It'd been snowing decently here for the days prior, and I figured that, finally, snow/ice/water/moisture, from accumulation on the head itself, finally got past the perimeter seals.

Given that this is a v8.0 set, among the first stateside which were plagued with weathersealing issues, I was, of course, prepared for this eventuality.

I gave Cliff a quick e-mail, and described to him my troubleshooting, and presto, 3 days later, by USPS Priority, he'd sent me not just one replacement head, but also its mate, to switch out also my other v8.0 head, "just in case."

And inside the package was a also SASE to send my returns.

It's honestly rare when I'm impressed by customer-service.

I was brought-up on Lexus - my parent's second car, after coming here to the states (we were very poor when we first got here, and they clawed their way up) - and I've been spoiled rotten by the various scientific-supplies retailers treating us, researchers, like royalty.

But yet, Cliff's response-time, as well as the shocking fact that he seems to be on-call and on-duty, 24/7, weekends and holidays, just completely blows my mind.

Always ready to answer a question. Always helpful and delivers on-time.

Just amazing.

Thanks, Cliff.

Professional

Default Re: Cliff's insane level of customer-service for Laser Interceptor, USA - ANOTHER one

Cliff's CS is nothing less than amazing.

That said, these posts are getting somewhat boring!

How about some complaints?! Remember Allen he was supposed to pick us up in his C55 for the Florida test, but never showed up?

Old Timer

Default Re: Cliff's insane level of customer-service for Laser Interceptor, USA - ANOTHER one

^

Yeah, seriously! He owes me a ride!

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by TSi+WRX View Post
    ^

Yeah, seriously! He owes me a ride!
    That's the spirit

Banned

It really said "Connection to Sensor 1 Not Good"? I wonder what it would say if something really failed. "Connection to Sensor 1 on fire!!!"