Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Single HP LI vs Dual Head - Which to choose?

Below is a photo of the car.

Car: Mazdaspeed3

Will a single head HP LI placed on center (yellow color) JTG, or is a regular dual head package (green color) needed?

The reason I prefer the single HP head, is the simplicity of the install.

Please discuss. Cliff is waiting for my call !

IIRC Pmoth installed a single head LI on a Nissan Sentra rental, and got JTG almost every time (except for one sweet spot that he was able to get punch through).
    2007 Nissan Sentra specs
    Height: 59.5 in.
    Width: 70.5 in.

Single-head LI on my rental. Hmmmm...

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Single HP LI vs Dual Head - Which to choose?

I think I'd go with 2 heads, it's a bit more wide spread.

You can always add a 3rd head later.

Power User

2 heads dual will provide JTG performance...

A single head could allow punchthroughs at distances closer than 400 feet, quite simply becuase some laser guns have very narrow field-of-view optics. I would definitely get the standard two head model. BTW, the green spots where you are thinking fo installing them looks ideal to me.

Good Citizen

With the install of all interior components done, the jammer head install is next.

For the weekend a temporary mount above the licence plate will have to do. Within the next two weeks a new thread containing photos of the brackets and jammer setup will be completed. Till then, Pmoth's idea of a single head jammer will suffice.
    Last edited by SpdFreak; 06-11-2009 at 12:46 AM.

Advanced Member

LoL. SpdFreak, I sincerely hope that you run into a laser trap this weekend so you can experience the awesomeness first hand. I've said it before and won't hesitate to repeat myself, a properly installed single head standard LI setup will outperform any dual head Led jammer. No cop is going to get lucky unless his name is Fritter. And in all honesty, even if it was Fritter, you'll still have time to slow down.
    Don't really know what the h3ll "th3 factory freak" is talking about above. 3 heads LOL!!! "Speed-Dreams" hit it right on the money. "Mem-Tek" pretty much said the same thing I did in the "Single head" thread you linked in the first post.

SpdFreak, I can guratee you the following statement. A single head LI "may" allow close range PTs on your vehicle if it is installed correctly, but a Zr3/Zr4 "WiLL" allow medium-close range PTs on your vehicle no matter how it's installed.
    Puma Power!!!
    Don't be a lemming!! Follow your own destiny!!!

Ducati Team 2013 FORZA DUCATI!!!!

Yoda of Radar

The officer doesn't have to "get lucky" to pwn a single head set-up. Most of them shoot freehand, meaning they are going to hit a headlight or foglight, and probably before you've slowed down.

We've seen the dual LI HP pwn3d when placement was not ideal. It'll darn sure happen with a single regular head. This is a really bad idea.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    The officer doesn't have to "get lucky" to pwn a single head set-up. Most of them shoot freehand, meaning they are going to hit a headlight or foglight, and probably before you've slowed down.
    Doubt it. From my experience is in states that require front plates cops perfer to aim at the front plate as it will result in an instant lock on the car.

Headlight of foglight locks take a bit longer

Pmoth's single head on a Black Altima resulted in JTG even when aiming at headlight

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Advanced Member

We've seen the dual LI HP pwn3d when placement was not ideal. It'll darn sure happen with a single regular head. This is a really bad idea.
    What? You gotta be kidding me. You've seen a dual LI HP obliterated because it was installed "Incorrectly!!!" Stop trying to butter up the install with "placement was not ideal." Either it was installed wrong or it wasn't working correctly. That's it. You don't seem to have faith in science and logic. I'm a scientific kind of guy and don't just pull statements like the one above out of my @ss. Headlight, foglight, frontplate, it really doesn't matter as long as the LI can detect the lidar gun and the unit is installed "correctly."
    Puma Power!!!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob View Post
    Doubt it. From my experience is in states that require front plates cops perfer to aim at the front plate as it will result in an instant lock on the car.

Headlight of foglight locks take a bit longer

Pmoth's single head on a Black Altima resulted in JTG even when aiming at headlight
    Thanks for understanding Rob. And don't forget, I wasn't "just" aiming at the headlights. I was trying not to illicit a jamming response from the LI by staying as far away from the receiver as possible.
    Puma Power!!!