Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LI HP

Experienced

Default LI HP

Searched the forum and didn't find anything on these. What is the difference between the LI and the LI HP's? I read the description on the website, but I don't really understand what it means in layman's terms. The price gap is pretty huge, so it must be something significant. Also, on a 2010 Tundra (Black), would I need 4 heads to protect my front? Thanks.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: LI HP

The HP has another diode so the jamming is much stronger. Most folks say it's an overkill.

A black car is always an advantage to begin with.

Do you have a chrome grill and/or fog lights?

There was a test with a Stalker LZ1 against a Nissan Titan with a dual LI that produced JTG.

If you have the $$$$$, you could go LI dual HP and then if needed, get an additional 2 heads.

Most people will tell you that you'd be OK with a regular dual LI as long as you mount the heads wisely.

If the dual is not enough, you can always add 2 more heads.

* Also don't forget to get a good radar detector if you don't have one already.

Experienced

2010 Toyota Tundra - New Car and Used Car Pictures on Lincah.Com

Looks exactly like the first picture, black grill with chrome around it. Fog lights / chrome bumper.

Experienced

I'm not going to be getting this now, as I'm stationed where there is absolutely no laser in use, for now at least. I occasionally make trips to areas that use laser such as Lubbock (very rare) or San Antonio (also seems pretty seldom), but I'm going to start saving for these now in order to have them installed when/if we get stationed somewhere like California where laser is everywhere. Plus if I start putting the $$ on the side now it will be easier to justify to the wife later down the road. I'd prefer to get front and rear protection, as I just couldn't imagine the feeling of getting a laser ticket from behind after investing so much in laser CMs. I'd like to put 2 heads in the front and 2 in rear, just didn't know if 2 would be enough to JTG.

Experienced

Looks like the first picture, fog lights, black grille with chrome around it and chrome bumper.

Any other opinions? Is 2 standard LI heads going to be enough with Veil'd headlights/foglights? What about for the rear? Thanks for the input.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Unkind View Post
    Looks like the first picture, fog lights, black grille with chrome around it and chrome bumper.

Any other opinions? Is 2 standard LI heads going to be enough with Veil'd headlights/foglights? What about for the rear? Thanks for the input.

Best thing to do is get the 2 head system, install it and test it. Only that will truly tell you if it's sufficient or not.

You can always add 2 more heads.

Experienced

You're absolutely right. The thing is I'm going to be paying for a professional install, it would suck to have to pay for 2 installs and the first one to be realigned to add two more heads. But, if that's what I have to do...

Experienced

Also, there's the option of doing the 4 head front install of Blinder M47 instead of 2 head LI, which would give better protection? The price difference is negligible.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Unkind View Post
    Also, there's the option of doing the 4 head front install of Blinder M47 instead of 2 head LI, which would give better protection? The price difference is negligible.
    That's a valid theory. More heads is better on a large vehicle, even if the heads are not as "strong", because simply receiving the shot is more than half the battle. More receivers = better reception.

Personally, for me, Plan A would be 4 regular LI heads on the front. Plan B would be 4 Blinder heads on the front. Plan C would be 2 LI HP heads on the front. Plan D, and the least I would settle for, would be 2 LI regular LI heads on the front.

You may well get away with Plan D. Others have seen good results on large trucks with just a dual LI. On the other hand, we also see much smaller vehicles FAIL with the same set-up. I agree with your theory that it's not worth the gamble to try to get out on the cheap. After all, who wants to pay for a jammer AND a ticket?

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Experienced

Thanks a lot for that post SS. What about for my rear, am I going to need a 4 head set up as well? My rear bumper is chrome, but I don't see where I could possibly place 4 heads. If I have 4 heads on front would I be able to add more to the rear from the same "system" or would I be looking at having two separate ones installed which isn't recommended? I've never heard of a 6 head system.