Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default LI Communicator Software :: Optimal Settings, etc.

I'd love to:

1) know what the optimal settings are
    2) learn about more about each setting

Any input is appreciated.

Attached Images Attached Images

Speed Demon

Default Re: LI Communicator Software :: Optimal Settings, etc.

Click on "Default" and change from sensors 1 and 2 to 2 and 3. Also download v2.55. That's default for the dual.

Sorry for the delay in responding to this. I was on a sales trip yesterday.

SET SIA Sensitivity to "0"

SET SIA Duration to "255"

SET Parking Sensor Duration (the amount of time the PA is active after powering ON) to "15" Seconds (Adjust to your preference)

Check Parking Sensor Sensitivity (either setting)

Check Unknown Gun Alert "Enabled"

Check Parking Switch "Disabled" (Enabled if you have purchased the optional Parking Switch)

Set Jam Duration "0" For Constant Jam. Greater than 5 seconds for Timed Jamming

Set Jam Restart Time "0" for Constant Jam and anywhere from 15 to 120 seconds ONLY if using the Timed Jamming Option (this is the amount of time that will pass before the LI rearms itself for the next LIDAR Encounter)

Check RADAR Warning Enabled (For V1 Users ONLY) (All unchecked if you DO NOT have the V1 to LI Interface) Check the Bands you wish for RADAR Voice Alerts on the V1 RADAR Locator (Ka ONLY is selected by default when shipped).

Check Check Sensor 1 for a Single, 2 and 3 for a DUAL, 1, 2, and 3 for a TRIPLE and 1, 2, 3, 4 for a QUAD.

Please feel free to email or call me should you have any additional questions at all.

Cliff
    Last edited by Laser-InterceptorUSA; 05-13-2010 at 06:35 AM.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Laser-InterceptorUSA View Post
    SET Parking Sensor Duration (the amount of time the PA is active after powering ON) to "15" Seconds (Adjust to your preference)

Check Parking Sensor Sensitivity (either setting)
    Thank you, Cliff.

What is the max # of seconds the PA can be active without the dedicated on/off switch? Is there a significant difference between the sensitivity settings?

My C63 doesn't have parking sensors (not avail in the US) so I'm hoping this "might" serve as a substitute.

Quote Originally Posted by superlubricity View Post

What is the max # of seconds the PA can be active without the dedicated on/off switch? Is there a significant difference between the sensitivity settings?

My C63 doesn't have parking sensors (not avail in the US) so I'm hoping this "might" serve as a substitute.
    My C63 also does not have "Park-Assist".... actually, I do not believe it is an available Option. The maximum PA duration setting is "300" seconds. Default/Minimum Setting is 15 seconds.

Cliff
    Last edited by Laser-InterceptorUSA; 05-14-2010 at 07:33 AM.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Laser-InterceptorUSA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by superlubricity View Post

My C63 also does not have "Park-Assist".... actually, I do not believe it is an available Option. The maximum PA duration setting is "300" seconds. Default Setting is 15 seconds.

Cliff
    Thanks, Cliff.

Do you use the LI's PA feature on your car? Do you find it effective? Is there a significant difference between the sensitivity settings?

Much appreciated.

I use the PA strictly as a diagnostic tool to see if there are any operation issues with the Sensors. It is not designed to be used in lieu of a factory PA.

Sensitivity depends on many factors not limited to, the reflectivity of the surface(s), the ambients lighting of the environment, the reflectivity of the vehicle it is mounted on just to name a few.

Cliff

Good Citizen

I am installing my new Gen8 LI and have the optional PA/JAM switch. If I install this optional switch do I need to go into the software shown above to make any changes, or can I just install the switch?

I ask because I do not have a computer with a serial port.

If you ordered you Gen. 8 with the PA/JAM Switch, it was already configured for it. Just install and play!

Cliff

Speed Demon

SET SIA Sensitivity to "0"

SET SIA Duration to "255"
    Cliff,
    Can you elaborate a little on how these two settings work?
    I'm guessing that Sensitivity = 0 means zero filtering for posible sunlight interference and that Duration = 255 means that it will wait 255 seconds (or 255 units of time) from the start of reception of sunlight intereference before activating the warning.

How do these settings effect actual jamming operation in a scenario such as driving into the sunset and a LEO is using laser so the LI has to both "filter" the sunlight and detect/jam the laser?