Newcomer

Default When to go for the HD heads over the standard???

So i have been looking heavy into an LI kit and i am about to pull the trigger, now this will be going on a White 02 Astro van which as we all know has big square headlight and has a square body.

A less then a desired setup for someone who is trying to set up and make a vehicle stealthy.

Which brings me to my next question, would i benefit and or need the HD LI kit for my setup?

I was looking into the normal dual kit but then i saw the HD dual kit and started to think i might want to go that route due to the disadvantageous position i am in with the vehicle the setup is going on.

What do you guys think?

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: When to go for the HD heads over the standard???

I think you mean HP heads?

I would personally buy two regulars, and get that tested then just go from there... LI's can cover a lot of ground when placed optimally...

You have a lot of room to cover, and a lot of room for heads... so it is a trade off, jammers have been on much worse vehicles IMO.

In such a case an LI-QUAD would be what I would personally go after instead of an LI dual HP... (as you can better cover more hard-points that are far away [for ambush style shots])... and you can save a few bucks (I think the Quads cost less).

They have them over on RadarBusters.com, and you might just be able to get a small deal over there on an LI dual or Quad if you buy there.

I bet with an optimally placed LI-Quad up front you would be sitting pretty in most every case imaginable.
    Last edited by AirMoore; 05-25-2010 at 11:28 PM.

Yoda of Radar

Regular heads should take care of it. HP heads are particularly helpful for wide vehicles with wraparound headlights, and/or sub-optimal mounting positions. The Astro suffers from neither of those conditions. More than likely, 2 heads will do you fine, although I personally would put 4 heads on the front for peace of mind in close-up encounters.

That said, there is no such thing as overkill in the laser game. More is better. If you can afford the HP, it's certainly not money wasted.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Newcomer

Ya i would like to have a peace of mind in knowing that i am covered to the full extent and i would agree that the quad setup would give me that.

Now let me ask you this, i was looking around on LI's website and i saw that the had NOS kit possibly available, it says to call to find out, and i saw they had a 7.11 Quad kit and 8.7 sensors and all the wiring and switches to install the kit and for a couple hundo less then the newest version of the kit.

So the question i have is what the differences between the 7.11 and the Generation 8 CPU? and knowing this is coming from LI we know even though its a bit cheaper it’s still top grade stuff, any opinions on this?

PS: My fault i was meaning to say HP i dont know why i was thinking HD

RadarBusters Associate

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore View Post
    They have them over on RadarBusters.com, and you might just be able to get a small deal over there on an LI dual or Quad if you buy there.
    I would be more then happy to hook you up with a discount, just shoot me a PM when your ready to order and we can get you all set up.

Lead Foot

7.11: Added detection of section control

Generation 8: (New Bootloader and Live Update)
    8.00: Added Traffic Observer LMS 291/221/04/05/06, PoliScan speed by VITRONIC (Nestor), TSS Laser 500 and UNIPAR SL700
    8.01: LED Bug Fix
    8.02: Welcome sound instead of "Welcome" message. AGC (Auto Gain Control) implemented for receiver part.

You can go to the first sticky post to find out all the updates they've done.