Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default LI plus Veil advice

I have had my LI Dual 8 for a month a half now, and already had 3 saves with it
    However, I did some testing this week-end with my rental LTI Truspeed. First day, everything was JTG, including overpass test. The next day, I was able to get a few PT's aiming at XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX @ 100 or so feet. Everything else was still JTG. My 08 SE-R has rather large head lights, plus they sort of wrap around the front. Question: should I be worried? PT's were @ 100 feet or even less and only that one spot on each side and only aiming for quite a bit. Besides, it was a test setting. In real llife, with car constantly in motion, I should have plenty of time to JTK? Does it makes sense to get Veil for those large headlights? What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Hakkinen; 06-15-2010 at 04:31 PM.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: LI plus Veil advice

I wouldn't worry

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by DrCoke View Post
    I wouldn't worry
    care to be more specific why?

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Hakkinen View Post
    .....PT's were @ 100 feet or even less and only that one spot on each side and only aiming for quite a bit...
    I think this answers your question. 100 feet or less is very close...You had to seek the perfect spot and hold it there "for quite a bit". Seems like even if a LEO went for that spot, you get some prior warning and some jam time to slow down.

Do you see sub 200 ft ambush shots typically?

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by thx1138 View Post
    .....PT's were @ 100 feet or even less and only that one spot on each side and only aiming for quite a bit...
    I think this answers your question. 100 feet or less is very close...You had to seek the perfect spot and hold it there "for quite a bit". Seems like even if a LEO went for that spot, you get some prior warning and some jam time to slow down.

Not really, the closest ambush I had, was this week-end on a Sub Base here @ around 500-600 feet I would say. Base cop was shooting PL3 Perfect JTK Still, my own testing got me a bit paranoid Do you think adding some Veil woudn't hurt?

Yoda of Radar

Not really, the closest ambush I had, was this week-end on a Sub Base here @ around 500-600 feet I would say. Base cop was shooting PL3 Perfect JTK Still, my own testing got me a bit paranoid Do you think adding some Veil woudn't hurt?
    Veil always helps. The less reflective your car, the better.

RadarBusters Associate

Quote Originally Posted by thx1138 View Post

Adding veil usually doesn't hurt, if you want to feel that extra security then by all means get some Veil. but if you are comfortable and confident with what you have now, then you don't need to worry about it. It is all about how comfortable you feel about your counter measures.

Professional

BTW, Kudos for doing your own testing to verify your set-up.

Radar Fanatic

Veil doesn't help if you aim at the side mirrors and at <100 ft, the Truspeed's beam is too narrow for any jammer to receive signal. At that distance aiming at that location, it's luck to lock a speed reading or JTG. If pt was >200ft, I'll worry.

Radar Fanatic

My closest ambush was <100ft. Leo jumped out the bushes and shot me. I'm sure it was instant PT on my rx75+.