Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Question Regarding - Laser Interceptor Generation 8 Laser Interceptor DUAL

I was interesting in purchasing this unit from Radar Busters but had a question regarding it. I noticed it only has 2 heads for the front. Is it possible with this kit for "future upgrades"? I was interested in getting heads for the rear later if I decide too. I really doubt I will but I would like that option. Any information from LI or forum member would be great. Thanks!

Good Citizen

Default Re: Question Regarding - Laser Interceptor Generation 8 Laser Interceptor DUAL

It has 4 slots so you can buy and plug in 2 more heads later. Those rear shots are rare but most certainly used. Look for them.

snoopyc4

Default Re: Question Regarding - Laser Interceptor Generation 8 Laser Interceptor DUAL

New LIDAR? LI Is Firmware Upgradeable!

All our units are Firmware upgradeable and are never obsolete and the Newest Generation 8 Laser Interceptor now features FREE User Downloadable Updates! When new LIDAR threats are deployed by Law Enforcement, newly released firmware can be downloaded in to the device to address and defeat these and any future LIDAR threats.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by RedAlert View Post
    It has 4 slots so you can buy and plug in 2 more heads later. Those rear shots are rare but most certainly used. Look for them.
    Thank you for the reply. Ive never seen a laser rear shots from the CHP (my main treat) just I/O Ka usually when they are hiding. Usually behind dirt mounds on bridge crossings.

So this is good to know. Im just worried about the front laser shots, but I still want that option to plug in 2 rear heads later.

Good Citizen

[QUOTE=snoopyc4;789084]
    New LIDAR? LI Is Firmware Upgradeable!

All our units are Firmware upgradeable and are never obsolete and the Newest Generation 8 Laser Interceptor now features FREE User Downloadable Updates! When new LIDAR threats are deployed by Law Enforcement, newly released firmware can be downloaded in to the device to address and defeat these and any future LIDAR threats.
    Ahhh Thanks Snoop. Always a wealth of knowledge. This was going to be my next question about updates.

So is it true about what RedAlert said, "It has 4 slots so you can buy and plug in 2 more heads later." ??

snoopyc4

So is it true about what RedAlert said, "It has 4 slots so you can buy and plug in 2 more heads later." ??
    Yes.

RadarBusters Associate

right now with the sale and than the forum 10% discount it is cheaper to buy two LI Duals right now than one LI Quad or two individual heads later

LI Dual $549.98 - 10 percent = $494.98 (x) 2 = $989.96
    LI Quad $ 1199.98 - 10 percent = $1079.98
    2 Individual Heads $550 - 10 percent = $495.00

Good Citizen

A most interesting price analysis on a 4 head install !

Banned

Nice deal .
    Last edited by xyd; 11-06-2010 at 03:37 PM.

Power User

So if you do the math it is cheaper to buy 2 kits and have an extra control module, for a spare or to sell.