Good Citizen

Default LI Dual for mobile and fixed laser cameras ??

I have been reading up on the LI Dual and it looks pretty good but I note that most of the posts are about being shot with laser guns. I am based in Saudi Arabia at the moment and the only laser threat is mobile vans and fixed roadside units, both of which take your picture at about 20 metres (STI alerts at about 50-100 metres).
    Will the LI Dual work against these laser cameras ?? I cant see why they wouldn't, but just after some clarification, thanks.

Good Citizen

Default Re: LI Dual for mobile and fixed laser cameras ??

Come on Guys, someone must have some experience here. Think the units are PoliScan, so does LI work against PoliScan ???? Thanks

Yes, the Laser Interceptor detects and JAMs the PoliscanSpeed. PoliscanSpeed constantly emits laser pulses with a high pulse rate. A rotating mirror segments these pulses forming a 45 degree "laser fan", which makes it possible to measure multiple lanes.

The measurement range lasts from 150 to 60 feet.

To credit user nano on this, most radar detectors have some issues with this speed camera, because the rotating mirror doesn't rotate with a constant revolution. But a constant revolution isn't necessary for a valid measuring value, just the angularity of the mirror and the relative time to the previous laser pulse. Also, this device can scan as you receded away from it so any jammer located in the rear will need to be installed at a very sharp acute angle, as little as 20 degrees to 45 degrees to be able to emit it's pulses at the narrow time frame and indeed the distance typical of this rear detection scenario. In other words, if you are approaching, a conventional install, sensors oriented forward work well but only sensors positioned at this sharp angle can provide adequate rear protection.

There could be an argument made, as shown in the VIDs, that the key to defeating this LIDAR is not only JAMMING but via detection. The V1 alerted well before the mobile cameras operating range and use of a good RD (one that is both VG2 and Spectre proof in areas where RD are Illegal if these mobile units are indeed RDD equipped) as well as a GPS Database device, at least for the fixed versions as they are all mobile in Australia, could provide for avoiding detection by these LIDARS. Note however that the rear detection is very limited and therefor JAMMING is the only alternative method for the mobile LIDARS where a GPS Database device is all but rendered useless to provide early warning.

Read and see an example of the required rear sensor positioning here: http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...232#post786232

and watch PoilscanSpeed here:

and here:

One last thought, obviously, there is no conventional way of testing the Jamming results of this type of fixed LIDAR as it is a logistical nightmare to buy one and test with as we normally do with a conventional handheld LIDAR but the principles used in formulating the detection and jamming filters and Algs are exactly the same. With that said, the only real way to test against this, short of purchasing one and installing it on a roadway, is to violate an actual installed and operational device location and speed parameter and see if you receive a ticket. Whilst I have no specific data regarding Ivan's results using this method, I am willing to bet, based on this video taken in Germany against an actual Nestor, and Ivan's reputation, that he got it right.

Cliff
    Last edited by Laser-InterceptorUSA; 11-09-2010 at 06:46 PM.

Good Citizen

Excellent, Thanks Cliff. Guess I should have bought one while they were on sale !!!!!

They are still on sale and a great price with the rd.net discount Code, just not as big a discount!

Cliff